Chance encounters with famous people

Chester40

It will mean nothing to most of you, but I have bowled with all of the following...

• Paeng Nepomuceno
  • Tim Mack
  • Chris Barnes
  • Paul Moor
  • Dick Ritger
  • Tomas Leanderson
  • Tore Torgerson
  • Mika Koivuniemi
  • Wim van der Veen
  • Lasse Lintila
  • Stuart Williams

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, eddie said:

It will mean nothing to most of you, but I have bowled with all of the following...

• Paeng Nepomuceno
  • Tim Mack
  • Chris Barnes
  • Paul Moor
  • Dick Ritger
  • Tomas Leanderson
  • Tore Torgerson
  • Mika Koivuniemi
  • Wim van der Veen
  • Lasse Lintila
  • Stuart Williams

I thought they were all gonna be anagrams when I read the first one on the list. Pardon my ignorance. 

2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Were they Braille? I thought he was blind.

He was blind, for the last few years of his life, i remember a workmate of mine used to be like Jackies' best mate,  guiding him everywhere,  football,  pubs , etc. Smashing blokes both of them.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

• Paeng Nepomuceno
  • Tim Mack
  • Chris Barnes
  • Paul Moor
  • Dick Ritger
  • Tomas Leanderson
  • Tore Torgerson
  • Mika Koivuniemi
  • Wim van der Veen
  • Lasse Lintila
  • Stuart Williams

Crown Green, Lawn or Ten Pin 

I once met Bob Holness at the Central TV studios on Broad Street.  One of my mates used to work with Emma Jesson and Charlie Neil and we went for a drink in the pub near to the Weather Studios in Birmingham one evening.  I also saw Jack Charlton at Scotch Corner.

Did some work for Colin Boulton a couple of years ago, and he kindly got out his championship medals for 72, 75, and Charity Shield

Took my lads to Chessington World of Adventures and got blanked by Roy Carroll

And my mate has done some work for Archie Gemmill

38 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Stevie Wonder stop the hatrick?

Never took a hat-trick. I played village cricket for 30 years, took 2 in 2 most seasons and never got the magic third. Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, Blind Pew from Treasure Island - any one of them would have been too much for me.

• 1 month later...
  • Chatted with Lemmy in Notting Hill Gate in the 1980's
  • Had a quick chat with Buxton and Barker in the Silk Mill
  • Introduced to Micheal Rodd (Tomorrows world) at a business awards do in London
  • Sat in same carriage (again ) as Sam Rush last week from Milton Keynes , it was quite funny as I was chatting to some old dears who'd been to London for the day and I think he recognised my broad derby accent as he became very furtive just in case I had a go at him :D
  • My best mate (sadly no longer with us) got chatted up by Alannah Currie (Thomson Twins ) at the Ajanta club (if I remember rightly ) she tried to get him to buy her a drink (Girls always flocked to him) but he told her to P1&& off

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 16:44, coneheadjohn said:

Not really random as I met these through work,ones that stick out.

Sat and had a cup of tea with David Coverdale and Whitesnake,they weren't all drinking tea to be fair.Lovely guy, proper English gent.

A cup of tea with DC, oh that is awesome. I got insanely excited once when he replied to a tweet of mine. I imagine he is hilarious yet a true gent.

I've met Jason Lee [pineapple head ] lovley bloke 

Shaka Hislop [Newcasle]  nice guy 

Cyril Regis  nice guy .

Roy McFarland  lovely guy 

Peter Reid on a regular basis very down to earth 

Sam Allardyce nice guy also

But the nicest was Kevin Hector  no seriously 

One of the best moments of my life was on a Saturday afternoon in Forge on Saldergate.  Me and a few mates were checking out the gear, when someone shoved into the back of me.  I turn around, and Ace Asanovic is stood right in front of me, he said sorry in his broken English and carried on browsing.  I was too dumbstruck to say anything.  

Used to wash a lot of the players cars, via my brother's business.  Simmo & Darryl Powell were always chatty, Sturridge was a bit of an arse though.  

I was given a bit of a ribbing by Roger Davis, King Kevin, Steve Cross & Phil Gee for not flagging someone offside during a charity game against the Rams Vets.  Despite them winning about 5-0, they wouldn't let it drop in the club house afterwards.

Once met Emlyn Hughes when he did a training session at a school in Mickleover.

Robby Coltrane was stopping at Makeney Hall the same day as my mates wedding.  He seemed happy with the attention a few of my mate's missus' were giving him.

Walking past a sleeping Harish Patel (Mr Goshdashtidar in Run Fat Boy Run) on a train back from London.

Sat opposite Paddy Considine in Pizza Express on Irongate.

Was called a dick by Simon Pegg on Twitter.

Admittedly, it's not the most awe-inspiring list...

Saw Natasha Hamilton from Atomic Kitten in Gran Canaria when I would've been about 8, didn't really know who she was and ended up approaching her sister for an autograph :lol:

Met a few players over the years mostly Derby. Met Mawene before the play off game v Preston and let him know how I wished he was still a Ram.

Saw Jack O'Connell on a night out in Derby and he sat near us at a game. 

About it I think.

We were working at the Thames TV studios and went for a pint afterwards and met and had a drink with a few of the cast from Londons burning.

And we put a Marquee up for Boon and were filmed doing it for the show and had a chat with Michael Elphick, the bloke that played Harry and Lionel Jeffries and Susannah York.

8 minutes ago, ossieram said:

We were working at the Thames TV studios and went for a pint afterwards and met and had a drink with a few of the cast from Londons burning.

And we put a Marquee up for Boon and were filmed doing it for the show and had a chat with Michael Elphick, the bloke that played Harry and Lionel Jeffries and Susannah York.

Teddington? My old stomping ground, went to school in Broom Road. They used to film Benny Hill at Teddington and also used the field next to my school. Spotty teenagers and women in underwear was a great way to grow up.

Archived