Fans Forum | Silk Mill Museum | 24/08/17

Day
Message added by Day

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

OK, so you believe in speculating in order to accumulate. If Mel said to you (and the other 20,000 supporters) give me £600 now to invest in players and IF we get promoted I'll give you a £1000 back would you do it? I suspect not.

Yes 

Just now, curtains said:

Live the dream mate that's what being a fan is all about .

Players are out there and we have been linked with them and Gary knows who they are. 

Name some of them and why they'd definitely improve our team, because when signing Butterfield, Johnson, Vydra, Shackell, Weimann etc. people (me included) were very confident they would be the players to help us go up and obviously they didn't meet expectations. Have you not learnt from those signings that spending big chunks of cash won't guarantee us promotion? We probably need a season or 2 of trimming down the squad and the wage bill, so we can get back to having a team who work well together, fit a certain system and then we build from there. 

1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Name some of them and why they'd definitely improve our team, because when signing Butterfield, Johnson, Vydra, Shackell, Weimann etc. people (me included) were very confident they would be the players to help us go up and obviously they didn't meet expectations. Have you not learnt from those signings that spending big chunks of cash won't guarantee us promotion? We probably need a season or 2 of trimming down the squad and the wage bill, so we can get back to having a team who work well together, fit a certain system and then we build from there. 

I'm off .

Up the Rams 

I love Rowett always  have. 

Hope he succeeds at Derby. 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

That's what it was. 

If you have a preconceived idea and don't take it as it was intended.

I was quite pleased with the openness and honesty tbh. Of course they won't reveal some info but agree with comment by SDSR about Mel 

I think Mel getting a bit arsey was an indication partly for Rushs fiduciary f*** up and probably felt a bit personal as he trusted him implicitly.

thought they said more than most owners and managers would say, being honest about prices wages and players contracts and increases.

i liked the milk turns quicker dig and saying they were rubbish second half at Grimsby. Some good honest questions and answers.

lets face it they aren't gonna name names as it would be unprofessional and could cause doors to be closed from certain agents and clubs

when Gary gets the sack, hopefully in many years time after a couple of champions league trophies at least he can get a role in stand up comedy. Definately my sense of humour.

I seriously dont know why some people bother supporting the clib when all they do is f****** moan about it. People need to stop rising to @curtains just feeding his attention seeking. Thought the forum was enjoyable and as honest as it could be for this sought if thing. The club can't be totally transparent as much as the fans , myself included would like them to be. Mel and Gary ate both very likeable and I hope they form a long working relationship.

18 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Sterile.. Was never going to be anything controversial said.. Lots of spin and double meaning probably. 

Disclaimer: Did not watch as these are always a bit of a love in.

Yeah love ins aren't the place for confirmed cynics.

Well I was quite pleased. I was a bit dissappointed with some of the questions but the good ones about overseas players and scouting was answered quite well. I picked up on something Mel said that he felt comfortable for the first time. Funnily enough I feel comfortable to with the set up and management. I also think Gary will get more out of this group of players. 

20 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Shame about the 'milk turns quicker' comment.

There's always one.. sure I spotted a forest sovereign on his finger!

That guy showed himself to be a right idiot. So smug with his "milk turns quicker" comment which he obviously thought was funny.

Archived