Last Night. My Views & Ratings

SFox1993

Others will probably disagree with me but that's all part of the parcel of being a football fan.

At times last night I thought the link up play was brilliant , especially between Vydra and Nugent, ball to feet and keep on moving it worked a charm.

Vydra in my opinion was fantastic and i think he looks dangerous when he is running at defenses , i dare to say it but i think with a run of games and injuries permitting he might reach 15 goals this season.

Might have been an unlucky night in front of goal for Nugent but by god can the boy bring others into the game. Constantly harassing the opposition and creating chances, thought the team looked lost when Martin came on and everyone dropped 10 yards inviting more pressure.

Man of the match last night had to have been Weimann for me though , the man gave everything he had out on that pitch and if he can play like that every game i think he deserves to start each game.

Think the scoreline flatters Preston to be honest think on another night we could have had 4, not the perfect performance but certainly much much better.

My ratings for last night are as follows...

Carson -7 Didnt have to do much but did what was required , nearly flapped around with it into his own net at the end.

Wisdom-8 Thought he looked much better positionally than the two previous games, strong as an ox.

Keogh-6 Along with his central defensive partner shaky at times

Davies-6 See above

Olsson-8 Had the fitness to play which is a stark contrast to what we have seen with Fozzy so far this season ,put in some great crosses

Russell-6 If he plays over Weimann once Lawrence comes into the team he has compromising pictures of Rowett.

Huddlestone-8 Calm , collected and range of passing was massively useful , brilliant signing

Johnson-6 Didnt seemingly do anything wrong , but didnt do a great deal right either a stable performance

Vydra-8 Head down pacey running at the CB's , if we manage him well we are gonna have a player on our hands

Weimann-9 Non stop running , with much better ball control, and brilliant in defensive duties.

Nugent-8 The back line are probably still on the phone to the police for harassment , should have had two but still a good performance.

Bryson-6 Kept the pressing going while Nugent was on the pitch , cant help but think he hasnt got the legs anymore though

Martin-5 Showed a few good touches but im not sure he fits our style of play at the moment

Bennett-6 Desire to impress and youthful determination i hope he gets a chance this season 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hinzy9 said:

Hard to give Nugent an 8 when he missed two gilt edged chances.

Agree with the rest of it though

Hit the target on both which is what you want a striker to do , he got the 8 more for the link up play which i feel the whole team benefited from. Fair point though

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Preston were poor, we have got a long way to go ! Slight improvement on Saturday but no where near good enough for top six finish.

Think we are still 2 players short , i think we will end up finishing 8th

Agree with most of the scores from OP.

Would have scored Davies 4. Thought he looked slow and clumsy. Reminiscent of the time we spanked Hull 4-0.

Keogh I thought was a 7 or 8. Defended well and got us on the attack on a few occasions.

Nugent just a 6 for me. Chased well, but missed 2 very good chances. Did not actually think link up play with Vydra was great, I thought Vydra linked up with Weimann much better.

13 minutes ago, Hinzy9 said:

Hard to give Nugent an 8 when he missed two gilt edged chances.

Agree with the rest of it though

Noticeable that a lot of our shots are to the middle of the goal. This is indicative of a lack of confidence.

We just need a few to go in and then I think we might be more efficient in front of goal.

Nugent, Vydra and Martin have all scored freely in the past and will do again if we stick by them.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Where is anya these days? And fozzy not in the squad , is he not fit enough? 

Looks like Anya isn't currently making the cut. And Fozzy was just being rested, I believe.

I have been very critical of Olsson in the past, but I'd have to say the shirt is his to lose after the performance last night.

Rowett said after the game Fozzy was rested. There going to bring him back slowly and he looked a bit out of match sharpness. Least he can see what the fans see. 

He'll be back to his best soon. Also he wanted more attacking which Olsson gave to be fair.

The problem is consistency,Saturday every one was slating weimann for being totally useless,last night he played his socks off . Other than Carson and Keogh ,you just dont know whats going to turn up especially with the likes of Russell, Bryson, Martin, Bent, Weinmann, Johnson,Butters,The same of Hughes last season. Hopefully Wisdom,Davies, Huddlestone will prove to be more consistent in their performances.

10 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Think we are still 2 players short , i think we will end up finishing 8th

Agree with that. Hopefully Rowett can clear out all the dross, achieve upper mid table finish with signs of building a decent team....and keep his job!

mumblemumble
12 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Others will probably disagree with me but that's all part of the parcel of being a football fan.

At times last night I thought the link up play was brilliant , especially between Vydra and Nugent, ball to feet and keep on moving it worked a charm.

Vydra in my opinion was fantastic and i think he looks dangerous when he is running at defenses , i dare to say it but i think with a run of games and injuries permitting he might reach 15 goals this season.

Might have been an unlucky night in front of goal for Nugent but by god can the boy bring others into the game. Constantly harassing the opposition and creating chances, thought the team looked lost when Martin came on and everyone dropped 10 yards inviting more pressure.

Man of the match last night had to have been Weimann for me though , the man gave everything he had out on that pitch and if he can play like that every game i think he deserves to start each game.

Think the scoreline flatters Preston to be honest think on another night we could have had 4, not the perfect performance but certainly much much better.

My ratings for last night are as follows...

Carson -7 Didnt have to do much but did what was required , nearly flapped around with it into his own net at the end.

Wisdom-8 Thought he looked much better positionally than the two previous games, strong as an ox.

Keogh-6 Along with his central defensive partner shaky at times

Davies-6 See above

Olsson-8 Had the fitness to play which is a stark contrast to what we have seen with Fozzy so far this season ,put in some great crosses

Russell-6 If he plays over Weimann once Lawrence comes into the team he has compromising pictures of Rowett.

Huddlestone-8 Calm , collected and range of passing was massively useful , brilliant signing

Johnson-6 Didnt seemingly do anything wrong , but didnt do a great deal right either a stable performance

Vydra-8 Head down pacey running at the CB's , if we manage him well we are gonna have a player on our hands

Weimann-9 Non stop running , with much better ball control, and brilliant in defensive duties.

Nugent-8 The back line are probably still on the phone to the police for harassment , should have had two but still a good performance.

Bryson-6 Kept the pressing going while Nugent was on the pitch , cant help but think he hasnt got the legs anymore though

Martin-5 Showed a few good touches but im not sure he fits our style of play at the moment

Bennett-6 Desire to impress and youthful determination i hope he gets a chance this season 

Are you sure you're talking about last nights game?

Keogh 6? - he was outstanding last night and got Davis out of jail.

Olsson had the fitness unlike Forsyth because that's his first game. Of course he's going to be fitter!

Huddlestone 8? He was too casual and got caught in possession a couple of times.

Martin doesn't fit our style of play? Apart from when we play 4-3-3, which we played against Sunderland and Wolves.

11 hours ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Looks like Anya isn't currently making the cut. And Fozzy was just being rested, I believe.

I have been very critical of Olsson in the past, but I'd have to say the shirt is his to lose after the performance last night.

It is a lot easier to play left back when the opposition don't play a right winger.

20 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Are you sure you're talking about last nights game?

Keogh 6? - he was outstanding last night and got Davis out of jail.

Olsson had the fitness unlike Forsyth because that's his first game. Of course he's going to be fitter!

Huddlestone 8? He was too casual and got caught in possession a couple of times.

Martin doesn't fit our style of play? Apart from when we play 4-3-3, which we played against Sunderland and Wolves.

Quite Right

Keogh was absolutely fantastic last night. Awesome. 

He has got even better this season - presumably due to Wisdom and Davies next to him

And Olsson had his best game for us for ages

There were some good performaces and to a man it was better than against wolves

i thought keogh was excellent truth be told

played a captains role, defended well, won his headers, won his challenges and took the responsibility upon himself to try and get us going at times

a very good showing from our skippper

i too was pleasantly surprised by olsson and weimans performances iv been indifferent about osson, sometimes he good sometimes hes bad but last night he was excellent, and obviously weimann put in a real shift ... still need to see some actual product from him before i start waxing lyrical over him but he worked his taters off and showed plenty of drive and endevor 

The one who I haven't been that impressed with overly thus far is Davies, I thought (and of course hope) he would be a great signing but has thus far looked shaky and has a C Davis 50p head. he does look a right threat in the opposition box though on set pieces. 

Archived