Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Mafiabob

Best half of football so far this season. Hunting down the ball in packs and quick on the break. Huddlestone and Johnson bossing it in front of the back four. Great covering across the field from Weimann, Russell too. Lovely to see the understanding building between players.

Davies much more confident and we are looking after Russell - his rehabilitation has to start away from home when the crowd aren't on his back. 

Wisdom makes me purr.

Yes, we could have done with one of the other chances finding the net but we have been strong at the back and hopefully will create more chances second half. 

Summer? It's blommin' freezing  up here in the upper stand! 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Richard246 said:

nugent v martin no contest works his socks off and links up

rest my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, bore off.

Just now, angieram said:

Best half of football so far this season. Hunting down the ball in packs and quick on the break. Huddlestone and Johnson bossing it in front of the back four. Great covering across the field from Weimann, Russell too. Lovely to see the understanding building between players.

Davies much more confident and we are looking after Russell - his rehabilitation has to start away from home when the crowd aren't on his back. 

Wisdom makes me purr.

Yes, we could have done with one of the other chances finding the net but we have been strong at the back and hopefully will create more chances second half. 

Summer? It's blommin' freezing  up here in the upper stand! 

How do you think Vydra is playing? Sounds like a great performance, have they had any chances of note so far? Thank you for the update! 

3 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Is it really that hard to accept that we have a group of excellent strikers at the club?

It's like back in school with the whole my dads bigger than your dad stuff.

Just now, Andicis said:

How do you think Vydra is playing? Sounds like a great performance, have they had any chances of note so far? Thank you for the update! 

Great up to missing his chance, bit quieter since. Needs to have more faith in himself. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Totally agree. But in defence of Nugent he has scored today :ph34r:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36047575

Players who commit a foul to deny a goalscoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off, football's rule-making body has confirmed.

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under those circumstances.

However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead.

Just now, ck- said:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36047575

Players who commit a foul to deny a goalscoring opportunity will no longer automatically be sent off, football's rule-making body has confirmed.

The previous 'triple-punishment' rule required a red card - and therefore a suspension - as well as the award of a penalty under those circumstances.

However, players committing accidental fouls that deny a goalscoring chance will now be cautioned instead.

I thought that was only for fouls inside the area? I thought last man fouls outside the box were still red as it isn't really a double or triple punishment? 

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I thought that was only for fouls inside the area? I thought last man fouls outside the box were still red as it isn't really a double or triple punishment? 

Actually, reading the fa page,  http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct I think that's right. 

Interestingly, reading that it should have meant a sending off for the penalty last week.

Archived