The Blame Game

Dava75

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowett - play 4231 like in preseason

Our midfield isnt strong enough, at least this puts bodies in the right places

We've had 3 very average (at best) performances in a 433 I just dont get it? Fair enough Hoffenhiem were very good, as were Wolves today but in all 3 we have created very little and not played to our strengths 

Rowett - his selection, his transfer strategy

wisdom - should have done better for the first goal

ref? - wasn't that 2nd goal offside?

in truth they looked a proper team, well set up.

we looked a poor team with only one strategy.

abysmal.

We've been steadily plodding on to this point since Clement went shopping.

Rowett has stepped into a boring average Derby side. He looked to have something promising going but then abandoned it. He hasn't done well so far in this transfer window.

We jump from a manager that likes to play football to a percentage manager then back and back again. We let these managers buy and sell. 

We've got mixed up team with no partnerships, no style and no system they all understand.

They're all reading from different books hoping to get the same ending.

It's nobodies fault but it's everyone contributing negatively. 

It will take time to dig our way out midtable. 

If you think Andre Wisdom and Curtis Davies are what last season's team needed to step up then you're deluded. If you think Tom Huddlestone standing in one spot spraying 30 yard passes to the wing is enough then you're dreaming.

The "bottlers" and "sussed" out 2013-15 team were much closer and miles better than this.

People bitch about having a clear out every season. The "bottlers" are gone. You got Olsson, Shackell, Pearce, Weiman and Co instead. Not happy?

The whole team were poor today, johnny Russell stands out as the player most in decline though, no good people saying about his effort, he is p!ss poor and does not deserve to start, he has been on a decline since the start of last season.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Long term problems are far more significant, but Forsyth was truely appalling tonight. Dunno what instructions he was under but he kept wandering into CM and leaving their wing back alone!

I think that was the midfields fault. Wolves were playing with a front 3 and still had wingbacks, so when Forsyth picked up their wide forward that Doherty was overlapping. He needed either Weimann to track back more or Johnson to help him out more.

Rowett 100% to blame, sold our best players without replacements. This window has shown him up for what he is, and don't give me we have 2 weeks to go till the end of the transfer window, he's had ages to replace them, and has completely failed. Obviously out of his depth, boring, negative, utterly clueless. 

43 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Rowett - his selection, his transfer strategy

wisdom - should have done better for the first goal

ref? - wasn't that 2nd goal offside?

in truth they looked a proper team, well set up.

we looked a poor team with only one strategy.

abysmal.

That 2nd had to be offside didn't it!

But realistically it could've been 4 or 5 quite easily to be honest, we weren't  at the races today. 

24 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

I think that was the midfields fault. Wolves were playing with a front 3 and still had wingbacks, so when Forsyth picked up their wide forward that Doherty was overlapping. He needed either Weimann to track back more or Johnson to help him out more.

That was the problem as iv mentioned in another post

we have no mobility in the middle of the park, literally none what so ever

the two runners, our box to box midfielders are literally anything but

52 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Rowett 100% to blame, sold our best players without replacements. This window has shown him up for what he is, and don't give me we have 2 weeks to go till the end of the transfer window, he's had ages to replace them, and has completely failed. Obviously out of his depth, boring, negative, utterly clueless. 

So you hold back 2 players who want to leave for the prem? Get real. Losing your best players is a consequence of continually failing to get promoted.

Also quite clear he needed to sell before he bought, his transfers aren't done yet and guess what, no one wants to buy our overrated overpaid rubbish bought in the Clement era.

Judging a manager after 11 matches! Your post epitomises what is wrong with modern day football!

I blame Bolton Wanderers and Nigel Pearson

The injury to Will Hughes and Craig Bryson on opening day two years ago lead to us paying ridiculous money for two limited players in Butterfield and Johnson, and the seeds were sown.

Wind on to Pearson and we blow money I can't bring myself to contemplate on Anya and Vydra.

Any one or two of them on a free or for a Barker type fee as squad players, fine. All of them, for the money we paid, awful business. Docherty-esque. Vydra may yet prove me wrong if he gets a run in his proper role.

Archived