The Blame Game

Dava75

Rowett took the job in full  knowledge of the situation. That he chose to sell our better players without replacing them is entirely his fault. That he failed to scout abroad is his fault.That he has scouted loan players without knowing whether they were available for loan is his fault. He has 4 games then out. That will be his fault.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I trust Rowett to get things sorted 

Mel Morris has always backed his manager even if it meant 'giving away' your best goalscorer.  I assume things are the same now, therefore Rowett is fine by me for the time being at least.

I don't think we were set up right today, and I thought we were very poor against Sunderland.  Again I assume he sees the same as many of us.  His next moves are going to be interesting...

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Long term problems are far more significant, but Forsyth was truely appalling tonight. Dunno what instructions he was under but he kept wandering into CM and leaving their wing back alone!

In the first half they kept overloading down his side. He was marking the outside right with the right wing back 10 yards wider than him unmarked.

Second half he was pushing on because we we were losing.

He didn't play well and needs more games to get to speed.

However we lost because a) we never got to grips with them tactically and b) they are/were better than us.

1 minute ago, sage said:

In the first half they kept overloading down his side. He was marking the outside right with the right wing back 10 yards wider than him unmarked.

Second half he was pushing on because we we were losing.

He didn't play well and needs more games to get to speed.

However we lost because a) we never got to grips with them tactically and b) they are/were better than us.

I couldn't work out in the first half who should have tracked back to help Fozzy. I didn't think the first goal was his fault there was a big gap in front of him. He got pulled forward and they knocked the ball through to the overlap.

I suspect it was Johnson but you also mention tactically and it looked like we needed more in midfield to block out what they were doing down that side.

44 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

So you hold back 2 players who want to leave for the prem? Get real. Losing your best players is a consequence of continually failing to get promoted.

Also quite clear he needed to sell before he bought, his transfers aren't done yet and guess what, no one wants to buy our overrated overpaid rubbish bought in the Clement era.

Judging a manager after 11 matches! Your post epitomises what is wrong with modern day football!

I hate modern football, so that hits a nerve! What I can't stand is the blinding obvious that is in front of us, Rowett is not good enough, doesn't matter if it's 1 game or 500 but because he's an ex player we can't criticise. He wasn't good enough from day one and isn't now. Also sorry but yes I'd hold back players to play for this football club if they are under contract until I knew I had a replacement, we were under no obligation to let them go. However we did and haven't replaced, naivety in its purest. 

Your post epitomises everything that's wrong with modern football, the self righteous fan who says no one can have an opinion unless it's the same as their own. 

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Rowett 100% to blame, sold our best players without replacements. This window has shown him up for what he is, and don't give me we have 2 weeks to go till the end of the transfer window, he's had ages to replace them, and has completely failed. Obviously out of his depth, boring, negative, utterly clueless. 

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I hate modern football, so that hits a nerve! What I can't stand is the blinding obvious that is in front of us, Rowett is not good enough, doesn't matter if it's 1 game or 500 but because he's an ex player we can't criticise. He wasn't good enough from day one and isn't now. Also sorry but yes I'd hold back players to play for this football club if they are under contract until I knew I had a replacement, we were under no obligation to let them go. However we did and haven't replaced, naivety in its purest. 

Your post epitomises everything that's wrong with modern football, the self righteous fan who says no one can have an opinion unless it's the same as their own. 

That's a lot like that on here

I think it's butterfields fault cause he hit a side ways pass after two minutes and it set the tone for the rest of the game. 

I think it's keoghs fault cause the goal went in off him

i think its Jonny Russell fault cause he cant cross

i think it's rowetts fault cause he picked the team

i think it's mels fault cause he paid for that pitch and we don't have any technical gifted players to use it to their advantage 

i think it's Sam rush's fault cause the sponsorship with ipro fell through and the players only get water at half time now

I think it's Thornes fault cause he's always injured 

i think it's Hughes's fault cause he left for Watford 

sick of all the moaning Derby fans, support your team or stay at home!

20 hours ago, thekingofbuxton said:

I trust Rowett to get things sorted 

Mel Morris has always backed his manager even if it meant 'giving away' your best goalscorer.  I assume things are the same now, therefore Rowett is fine by me for the time being at least.

I don't think we were set up right today, and I thought we were very poor against Sunderland.  Again I assume he sees the same as many of us.  His next moves are going to be interesting...

True, but not for very long............... so far! :whistle:

23 hours ago, RamNut said:

Rowett - his selection, his transfer strategy

wisdom - should have done better for the first goal

ref? - wasn't that 2nd goal offside?

in truth they looked a proper team, well set up.

we looked a poor team with only one strategy.

abysmal.

Wisdom also prevented them scoring though when their player was through on goal.

23 hours ago, loweman2 said:

The whole team were poor today, johnny Russell stands out as the player most in decline though, no good people saying about his effort, he is p!ss poor and does not deserve to start, he has been on a decline since the start of last season.

We have had all we are going to get from JR. He should have been let go when there was interest from other clubs. He now joins the likes of Butterfield, Johnson, Blackman, Vydra, etc, players difficult to move on. 

Archived