Favourite Seat at Pride Park?

Pottig

So I'm getting tickets for the home game v Wolves on Saturday. It will be my first home game since our glorious, unforgettable 3-1 pre-season win against Real Mallorca in August 2003 (I guess that makes me something like a 1/1000000th of a fan?).

Anyway, was wondering what your preferred seats are in the house since I'm indecisive and it's been 14 years since I went. Any seats to avoid etc?

COYR

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a very personal thing though isn't it?. I know loads of people like to be behind a goal but when I go, it's normally East Stand fairly close to half-way & towards the back of the first block. That, for me, is the ideal view, though others would hate it I'm sure.

What a good question.

I  have always been very happy with my seat near the top of the North Stand behind the goal. Never change it unless I have to (for some early cup rounds had to move lower or to East Stand.)

Then I went to the friendly against Offenheim recently and sat in the West Stand with carpet and padded seats and a fantastic view of the game. I shouldn't have done it - I 've now got a serious case of seat envy!

Not a bad seat at Pride Park but go a bit higher if you like to watch the flow of the game; lower if you want to see the players 'up close'.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

What a good question.

I  have always been very happy with my seat near the top of the North Stand behind the goal. Never change it unless I have to (for some early cup rounds had to move lower or to East Stand.)

Then I went to the friendly against Offenheim recently and sat in the West Stand with carpet and padded seats and a fantastic view of the game. I shouldn't have done it - I 've now got a serious case of seat envy!

Hee hee....guess where i sit!

I've been sitting in the same seat for 20 years (East Stand Upper) - apart from one game about 5 years ago where I swapped with one of my mates and sat in the next seat along - really didn't like the view and so have refused to move every since.....

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have been told they are very expensive and there's a waiting list - is that true?

Its not worth it if that is the case. 

Used to have a season ticket in the upper west . Then the lower. 

Kept moving to get away from the appalling negativity. And not just about the football. One time a bloke and his very young son came in a few minutes after kick off. "Siddown !!!" screams the late middle age guy behind me with his son and girlfriend sat next to him. I was with my very young son at the time. You just don't want to associate with or be in close proximity to people like that in your valuable leisure time. 

Ended up in the East Stand. The vast majority are salt of the earth, lovey people. With the odd pratt, who, to be fair, when challenged, manages to keep quiet for the next six games or so. 

25 minutes ago, angieram said:

I have been told they are very expensive and there's a waiting list - is that true?

They are expensive but you get a free programme, free drink and a couple of free cup tickets, so all in all, not bad.

don't know about a waiting list, there were a couple of spare seats last season.

17 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Thanks! I'm pretty much torn between having a good view and getting the best atmosphere. It's difficult to get both! I've gone for upper south stand in the end :thumbsup:

Gone for nether then.

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think all fans favourite seat to sit in is the managers seat, we all know the best team and formations to win every match

I just want to pick the team, not bothered about all that coaching malarkey.

I will have Mel's seat. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, angieram said:

There is a cheaper option behind the prawn sandwich brigade in the West Stand. There are some vacant seats near the back in the middle. Bring a cushion if you want a padded seat.

1 hour ago, Pottig said:

So I'm getting tickets for the home game v Wolves on Saturday. It will be my first home game since our glorious, unforgettable 3-1 pre-season win against Real Mallorca in August 2003 (I guess that makes me something like a 1/1000000th of a fan?).

Anyway, was wondering what your preferred seats are in the house since I'm indecisive and it's been 14 years since I went. Any seats to avoid etc?

COYR

Think there may be a free seat next to that plant where Stevie Mac 1 used to sit. Free phone to call your mates too. Anybody got a screenshot of that? The plant seemed to have disappeared for his second spell in charge though. I have my suspicions that it may have been an illegal substance. Pearson was definitely smoking something illegal during his stint in charge. :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Think there may be a free seat next to that plant where Stevie Mac 1 used to sit. Free phone to call your mates too. Anybody got a screenshot of that? The plant seemed to have disappeared for his second spell in charge though. I have my suspicions that it may have been an illegal substance. Pearson was definitely smoking something illegal during his stint in charge. :thumbsup:

I have it on good authority that there was an opposition coach secretly listening to Schteve. 

He was a plant.

Archived