Should we lower our expectations

Mick Brolly

I was thinking this could be the season we made the prem, but I think that at the start of every season, I wasn't a massive fan of Ince but how we could have done with him tonight, i can't be alone in thinking how dissapointing that display was but I'm happy with a point and I'm sure we'll improve but we lacked any quality service to the front men. Should i lower my expectations and just hope we challenge for the playoffs this season and build for next season, will that be good enough for Mel? I don't think it will. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I was thinking this could be the season we made the prem, but I think that at the start of every season, I wasn't a massive fan of Ince but how we could have done with him tonight, i can't be alone in thinking how dissapointing that display was but I'm happy with a point and I'm sure we'll improve but we lacked any quality service to the front men. Should i lower my expectations and just hope we challenge for the playoffs this season and build for next season, will that be good enough for Mel? I don't think it will. 

It's a bit early for that (I never had any great expectations anyway). 

But the bit I've put in bold concerns me. Mel needs to give Rowett time and at least a couple of summer transfer windows to build his team.

More than happy to have a consolidating season, said this from start. Rowett needs all the time in the world and hope he gets it. Let's hope the chairman has lowered his. 

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

More than happy to have a consolidating season, said this from start. Rowett needs all the time in the world and hope he gets it. Let's hope the chairman has lowered his. 

Still think it will depend on whether we can get a couple of 'attacking' options in. If we got a winger and midfielder then I'd be very positive about our top 6 chances. We have a good spine of a team, we're still very unbalanced and overloaded. But even if we can't get any out I hope we can get more in!

Honestly and I'll probably get slated for this but if Rowett doesn't finish in the top 6 I think he should be sacked. The squad he had at the start of the summer would have been good enough for a playoff challenge and he chose to sell both Hughes and Ince to better the squad. Therefore it stands to reason he should do better than just challenge. And if we have to suffer the style of play then it has to get results or what is the point of it.

TobyWanKenobi

My expectations were an opening day defeat with a mid table finish and a new manager around Christmas, so right now we are above my expectations, so I came out of yesterday a bit positive. 

20 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Honestly and I'll probably get slated for this but if Rowett doesn't finish in the top 6 I think he should be sacked. The squad he had at the start of the summer would have been good enough for a playoff challenge and he chose to sell both Hughes and Ince to better the squad. Therefore it stands to reason he should do better than just challenge. And if we have to suffer the style of play then it has to get results or what is the point of it.

We are crying out to be stable..... last two seasons have seen no continuity at the club whatsoever. The bloke needs time but I fear he won't get it. Who'd replace him anyway? Someone who'll get another 6 month stint and another season wasted. 

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Still think it will depend on whether we can get a couple of 'attacking' options in. If we got a winger and midfielder then I'd be very positive about our top 6 chances. We have a good spine of a team, we're still very unbalanced and overloaded. But even if we can't get any out I hope we can get more in!

Not denying we're in with a shout, just think we need continuity for a change and get the team right over a period of time. 

Archived