Surely after watching that vydra and nugent have to start

kyle mccabe

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know how you can say that's about Nugent, barely had time to do anything and fluffed his one chance. Not slating him but definitely not enough to say he should be guaranteed a start. 

Vydra on the other hand changed the game and looked sharp, despite missing most of pre season. I saw some brief suggestions of a partnership with Martin as well. Very excited to see if he can perform this season.

One game :blink: - i think the real issue is Martin can hold the ball up as much as you like, but if you've not got the support around you then its difficult to do much more with the ball. We really need a replacement for Ince who can support Martin as Russell and Weimann offered little tonight.

3 hours ago, Ramchester said:

One game :blink: - i think the real issue is Martin can hold the ball up as much as you like, but if you've not got the support around you then its difficult to do much more with the ball. We really need a replacement for Ince who can support Martin as Russell and Weimann offered little tonight.

Russell provided the goal and with some better cutbacks ( or Bryson on the pitch) someone would have scored for us, wieman sadly looked like he has done previously but we are only into game one - my priorities would be getting central midfield right.

Martin has to take what ever chances come his way, unfortunately he didn't.

Funny isn't it many in the wardrobe thread thought  he would come back and be like Marton of 2014, er no! Why do you think Fulham did not want him even for 6 million, you'd have thought a bargain?

Still early days so he might stay on his feet more often as the season progresses.  ?

Archived