Surely after watching that vydra and nugent have to start

kyle mccabe

49 minutes ago, toddy said:

Martin has to take what ever chances come his way, unfortunately he didn't.

Funny isn't it many in the wardrobe thread thought  he would come back and be like Martin of 2014...

One chance.

He looks like a sleeker version of the 2014 Martin. I see no reason for him not to score lots as long as we set up more than one chance a game for him.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why no one has mentioned GRs post game remark where he said he almost started Nugent and Vydra ! I would'nt be surprised if Weimann and Martin sit v Wolves based on that comment and the fireworks versus impotence contrast of the former vs the latter.

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If he plays Johnson and Butterfield in midfield, no point playing Chrissy as they won't get up to support him! Nuge and Vydra will be knocking on the door

Apart from where Johnson scored. Or when Butters twice burst into the box only to be thwarted last second. Even Huddlestone was set up by Martin on the edge of the box. 

The OTT reactions to one game are alive and well on here. 

4 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Apart from where Johnson scored. Or when Butters twice burst into the box only to be thwarted last second. Even Huddlestone was set up by Martin on the edge of the box. 

The OTT reactions to one game are alive and well on here. 

We prefer it when they don't get thwarted last second. And dare I say so does Rowett. We will see v Wolves what he's concluded in terms of player selection.

Martin will be fine this season, could mr Rowett start all 3 even. For example Carson Wisdom, Keogh, Davis, Forsythe, Huddlestone, Johnson, Russell, Vydra, Nugent, Martin. In a 4,2,3,1 formation, with Martin as the front man Nugent just behind, and Russell and Vydra out wide with 2 sitting midfielders in Huddlestone and Johnson, I think this team formation would be great for us, especially at home.

1 hour ago, Derby blood said:

Martin will be fine this season, could mr Rowett start all 3 even. For example Carson Wisdom, Keogh, Davis, Forsythe, Huddlestone, Johnson, Russell, Vydra, Nugent, Martin. In a 4,2,3,1 formation, with Martin as the front man Nugent just behind, and Russell and Vydra out wide with 2 sitting midfielders in Huddlestone and Johnson, I think this team formation would be great for us, especially at home.

Actually nugent was played wide right at fester a fair bit which may be a better fit for the forward four - harsh on Russell going over to the left again within your set up but unfortunately Johnson can't run much

Archived