Ross McCormack

Day

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

We definitely need two more players in that forward line of 3 - I'd be happy with McCormack to play in any of these positions. Not my first choice, but a good choice.

Depends on which version of Ross you're getting though, no?  Can he be trusted and is it a risk worth taking? A loan with an option to buy might work especially if we could get them to pay some of his wages. Unlikely though as I reckon a few clubs would willingly take a punt and buy him outright. It's a make or break season for the lad which I suppose might offer hope.

A Leeds/Fulham version of McCormack would be very exciting. 

If he is hungry to recapture his form is be very interested.  The negativity surrounding him last season is quite worrying, however be is far from the first footballer to fall from grace.  

I doubt whether he has much ability if any, fitness could be an issue but that is easily solved. 

His mental state and willingness to work hard and integrate himself would be critical in this for me.  I'd trust Rowetts team to make the right assessment.

I definitely wouldn't want us spending high millions (telephone numbers) on him though.

PistoldPete2
2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

He has got one of those surnames that nobody can be arsed to type hasn't he? 

Just call him Big Mac.... Looks like that's his favourite meal too. 

2 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I'd prefer us to work on rejuvenating Vydra. 

I agree. I think that Vydra only plays under GR in a 4231 as the central player in the 3. But - at present - he is behind Nugent for that position.

I do wonder whether we may play 4231 in our first game as Sunderland away on th opening day might be a game where we need more solidity.

Will be interesting to see the formation picked for first half tonight

17 minutes ago, Moist One said:

I'd prefer us to work on rejuvenating Vydra. 

Yea, but could ask the same question, which Vydra are we getting? The one from 3 years ago who scored loads or the majority of seasons when he does very little...he has only had 2 good seasons.....

32 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Yea, but could ask the same question, which Vydra are we getting? The one from 3 years ago who scored loads or the majority of seasons when he does very little...he has only had 2 good seasons.....

Only one more than Lawrence then?

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sounds like Gary and Vydra need to kiss and make up before we try rejuvenating him.

If extremely reliable twitter rumours are to be believed.

Reliable Twitter rumours? Do such things actually exist?

4 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

NO to McCormack, he is an over rated one season wonder from a couple of years ago. Plus he is no youngster.

Agree with the 'no' due to age and problems over the last couple of years but to class him as a 'one season wonder' is silly - he's scored 17 or more goals in the Championship on 5 occasions.

27 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agree with the 'no' due to age and problems over the last couple of years but to class him as a 'one season wonder' is silly - he's scored 17 or more goals in the Championship on 5 occasions.

It was 2013/14 season when he got 28 with Leeds and as never hit that height since. He is 31 on the 18th August and scored only 136 league goals in his career so far. Compare him with Chris Martin who is 2 and bit years younger who currently is on 107 league goals. Clubs have spent Over £35m in transfer fees for him. At that amount of money I would expect a 20 goal a season striker, not one season when he hit that 28. He got 3 goals in total last season. Yes I know Chris Martin only got 10 goals last season, but he did have injuries, refusing to play and that would have affected his game.

3 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

It was 2013/14 season when he got 28 with Leeds and as never hit that height since. He is 31 on the 18th August and scored only 136 league goals in his career so far. Compare him with Chris Martin who is 2 and bit years younger who currently is on 107 league goals. Clubs have spent Over £35m in transfer fees for him. At that amount of money I would expect a 20 goal a season striker, not one season when he hit that 28. He got 3 goals in total last season. Yes I know Chris Martin only got 10 goals last season, but he did have injuries, refusing to play and that would have affected his game.

Good points apart from CM refusing to play. Factually incorrect. Mac and Fulhams manager both exonerated him of doing that. 

Archived