Ross McCormack

David

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On the surface this looks like a lazy link. It is the kind of signing that would go against almost everything Rowett has said about the kind of player he wants at the club.

Like Davies and Huddlestone? :ph34r:

Dont get me wrong because I think they are both great signings. But I learnt a long time ago that what a manager says in front of the camera/microphone and what really happens are two totally different things. 

I may give Rowett some credit once this very very high quality replacement for Ince signs. 

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It is the kind of signing that would go against almost everything Rowett has said about the kind of player he wants at the club.

What, 30+ ex premier league players? I.E Davies and Huddlestone?

hea already gone against what he said he wanted, no reason to think he wouldn't do it for McCormack 

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Dont get me wrong because I think they are both great signings. But I learnt a long time ago that what a manager says in front of the camera/microphone and what really happens are two totally different things. 

I may give Rowett some credit once this very very high quality replacement for Ince signs. 

How do you mean like Davies and Huddlestone? They have a track record of acting professionally and getting stuck in for the team, not crying off from training with crap excuses, looking completely disinterested for the last two years and looking like they clear out a Greggs bakery on a daily basis. 

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

On the surface this looks like a lazy link. It is the kind of signing that would go against almost everything Rowett has said about the kind of player he wants at the club.

Id disagree

Admittedly McCormack had a bad season last year,but he is exactly what rowett likes

He doesnt stop running,and if he can bring his fulham form with him,hed be  a good signinf

Just now, Cardifframs said:

Id disagree

Admittedly McCormack had a bad season last year,but he is exactly what rowett likes

He doesnt stop running,and if he can bring his fulham form with him,hed be  a good signinf

Villa and Forest applied that logic and look where it ended up, him not training and managers claiming he has an attitude problem. Maybe he has issues of the pitch but who knows? All that he has shown in the last 18 months is that he cannot or will not put the required levels of effort in for him to be anything other than an expensive gamble that we really shouldn't be taking.

He was imo the best all round player in the division a few years ago and I'd have loved him here then. Now tho, he's turning 31 And there's question marks over his attitude. Not sure where I'd stand over this, on a loan spell I'd probably be happy enough for him to provide competition accross the attacking positions if he's over his personal problems. On a permanent though he'd cost too much imo for it to be worth the risk at his age, would be better investing elsewhere.

Doubt there's anything in it mind, probably villa just trying to drum up the fee from Sunderland who are getting quite desperate now.

9 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

8 minutes ago, Derbados said:

What, 30+ ex premier league players? I.E Davies and Huddlestone?

He specified towards the end of last year he wanted hard workers with the right attitude, he was also looking for some more height and more technical ability in the squad...

Davies and Huddlestone cover all of those things

I think you assume he wants quick players who cover a lot of ground - I'm not sure he's said that anywhere - People have just assumed that's what he meant by the right attitude

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How do you mean like Davies and Huddlestone? They have a track record of acting professionally and getting stuck in for the team, not crying off from training with crap excuses, looking completely disinterested for the last two years and looking like they clear out a Greggs bakery on a daily basis. 

Agree. Given you a like but please, the word you wanted was "uninterested" not "disinterested". There's a big difference. :whistle:. Sorry the ex teacher in me won't go. 

Remember when Fulham were paying what at the time was ridiculous money for a championship player for him. I think that was the start of silly mkmeynsigbings in the championship, and the end of 'barker type fee' being a marquee statement. 

15 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Easy tiger. 

I was referring to Rowetts comments about not wanting 30+ players coming from the PL. I think we have done good business this summer. Now we need to follow it up with a quality wide player or 2. 

Archived