Ross McCormack

Day

6 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Unless we give them nugent in a swap deal or giving them bent.

I can't see us getting rid of Nugent.

And if we managed to swap McCormack for Bent at the minute, regardless of people's views on Ross, that would go down as one of the best bits of business Derby have ever done.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't see us getting rid of Nugent.

And if we managed to swap McCormack for Bent at the minute, regardless of people's views on Ross, that would go down as one of the best bits of business Derby have ever done.

I'm not sure that McCormack would be a necessary part of that equation. Just giving Bent to Villa would be a major coup for Derby County.

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm not sure that McCormack would be a necessary part of that equation. Just giving Bent to Villa would be a major coup for Derby County.

With their insanely over inflated squad, I wonder if we dropped him off at the training centre with Kodja on his back whether anyone would notice.

4 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

I see that Wagner has said that Nakhi Wells can leave Huddersfield.

I know which one I'd rather have in my fantasy football team and it ain't  McCormack

They will want a telephone number for Wells...similar to what they paid us for Ince and I know out of the two who I would rather have....

28 minutes ago, mickram said:

Wouldn't be the biggest surprise if he ended up at Derby for pittance.Villa clearly want rid and Rowett admitted to a degree he's a fan.

Perhaps this is one where patience is a virtue.

Freebie, goal bonus, cheaper wages, maybe???

Time for Mr Mc Cormack to decide if he wants to continue earning a crust from football. With his head in the right place he is a very dangerous player, always looks a threat. But for the last year or two, his star has faded, he needs patience & an arm around his shoulder.  I feel that's something we cannot afford any player, we need all the squad to be fully on their game, week in week out. I'd have loved to have seen in a rams shirt a few years back, but that that boat has sailed! 

1 hour ago, Vulcanboy said:

Time for Mr Mc Cormack to decide if he wants to continue earning a crust from football. With his head in the right place he is a very dangerous player, always looks a threat. But for the last year or two, his star has faded, he needs patience & an arm around his shoulder.  I feel that's something we cannot afford any player, we need all the squad to be fully on their game, week in week out. I'd have loved to have seen in a rams shirt a few years back, but that that boat has sailed! 

It was only last season he "faded". Way too many people seem to have written him off. Personally I wouldn't be upset at all if we signed him , f*** the wages that's not my problem or anyone else's apart from Mel's. If anyone can get McCormack back to the best forward player in the league ( which he has been 3 of the last 4 seasons ) Rowett will. 

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I thought I was the only derby fan willing to have McCormack here.

He would score goals from the wing that is for sure.

No dangers of him climbing through the windows of moor farm to nick his footy boots either, he struggled to get over his 2 foot privot hedge.

Nope , there's two of us . (Unique club)

Just now, Sparkle said:

Villa paid a fortune for him and pay him a fortune which unless they give him a huge wedge he wouldn't leave to go anywhere

and out of interest where would he fit into our team? 

Behind the striker or on the wing? Good player but unsure where he'd fit in the system though. 

12 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Villa paid a fortune for him and pay him a fortune which unless they give him a huge wedge he wouldn't leave to go anywhere

and out of interest where would he fit into our team? 

Perfect fit , in shape and form recaptured , playing behind Martin or in one of the wide forward areas could be a real asset.

Archived