Bent out until end of Dec

Curtains

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, alexxxxx said:

Big shame. Guess we will be getting in another striker?

No real need, still have too many especially if we go one up top.

Martin, Nugent and Vydra all very capable and ahead of Bent anyway. 

Think we'd have sold him anyway and brought in someone who offers something different. Obviously can't sell him in this window now, probably have to loan someone young in from the prem instead towards the end of the window until January and re-evaluate then at a guess.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I think we were going to have him all season anyway but it is a shame he won't be available for the bench - opportunity for one of the under 23's ? 

Doubt it, not unless there's further injuries, we've got enough players in the first team to easily fill a match day 18

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Doubt it, not unless there's further injuries, we've got enough players in the first team to easily fill a match day 18

I was hoping zanalaza or whatever his name is would get a look in late on in a few games 

Not good news. Luckily he wouldn't have been a starter, and i'd have been disappointed if he'd started many games this year as i really don't rate him when he plays full 90, but when we need a goal in the last 10 mins there's not many people better to throw up top off the bench. Bit like a slow Hernandez when he was at Man U. 

2 minutes ago, BottrillRAM said:

Gutted for Bent but would he have insurance similar to Hughes / Bryson did?, and this possibly allow more funds for a 'creative' attacking player? 

I would imagine so as it's a major injury. Given his large wages, you would imagine this would bring in enough funds to help with attacking players to replace the goals we've lost 

Regardless of your opinion on him as a player, this is a real shame and typical of our luck with injuries. Injured scoring a penalty, I've heard it all now!!

Speedy recovery Benty.

Can we get Sam Gallagher in on loan now please.

Archived