Kaiserslautern Team will be massive statement

JG400

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Everyone putting Russell in their teams

giphy.gif

He's been completely pants in pre-season and was pretty pants last season. Think people are massively overestimating how much he improves with his and Martin's understanding. 

Half the forum are still stuck in 2013 and I don't think that's gonna change...

Ill get slaughtered for it, but I've always thought Weimann the better player if used right

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

giphy.gif

He's been completely pants in pre-season and was pretty pants last season. Think people are massively overestimating how much he improves with his and Martin's understanding. 

I'd probably have Anya and Weimann as the wingers at the moment with Bennett closely breathing down their necks. Russell's been given chance after chance but all I saw last season were people making excuses for him. 

First it was because we weren't playing 4-3-3, then it was because Martin wasn't here, then it was because he plays better on the right, then it was because Thorne wasn't available so he had no-one picking out his runs, then it was because Olsson was useless behind him so he had to do his defensive work for him, then it was because only McClaren gets the best out of him(despite him being terrible under McClaren last season).

Someone else deserves a chance for me.

6 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

giphy.gif

He hasn't played with Martin yet in pre-season, I don't think? He's probably sulking!

Martin makes all those around him look better.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

How I feel when people say this about our Johnny....

9Y5BbDSkSTiY8.gif

I don't feel great saying it, but he doesn't have a right to the first team just because we like him. I'd say he's 4th choice winger at the moment with what we've seen from Bennett, Weimann and Anya.

And we're supposedly signing one or two more. 

My view is that Russell is a massive confidence player,currently one step from being prolific again(he's certainly remained a excellent supplier of others goals,just not his own).....and will step up to the mark.

Bennet's totally unproven,wiemanns,to be honest,a poor man's Russell and Anya,whilst very talented and active,has neither shown the ability to be a great assister or goal scorer in a Derby shirt to date....

As such,at the moment,I still think Russell has the greatest potential at the moment as our best winger (I'm sure we will be bringing in better competition before the start of the season)

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

My view is that Russell is a massive confidence player,currently one step from being prolific again(he's certainly remained a excellent supplier of others goals,just not his own).....and will step up to the mark.

Bennet's totally unproven,wiemanns,to be honest,a poor man's Russell and Anya,whilst very talented and active,has neither shown the ability to be a great assister or goal scorer in a Derby shirt to date....

As such,at the moment,I still think Russell has the greatest potential at the moment as our best winger (I'm sure we will be bringing in better competition before the start of the season)

Pretty much this tbh, hence the reason we are supposedly looking at Lawrence/Jota etc

From Preseason so far, i'd like to see something like this 

Carson

Wisdom    Keogh    Davies     Forsyth 

Johnsonn    Huddlestone

Weimann       Nugent        Bennett

Martin

I do think Russell, Vydra and Anya will be in and around the first team come the Sunderland game. 

I think Vydra will flourish in the 10 role this season too 

27 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd still get rid of him. He marks himself out of games, lacks any footballing brain, and only managed 1 more goal than Blackman last season.

My view is that Russell will put a shift in in different types of games. Many of our wide players and non holding central midfield players only perform in certain types of games, which are played out a certain way and either have or dont have space to work in. Russell seems to be more effectiove when other players arent.

2 hours ago, jagerbob said:

My view is that Russell will put a shift in in different types of games. Many of our wide players and non holding central midfield players only perform in certain types of games, which are played out a certain way and either have or dont have space to work in. Russell seems to be more effectiove when other players arent.

I believe that's an illusion. Russell has pretty much played at the same (mediocre-poor) level for a long time now. So when others around him play terribly he looks like the best player. Technically he is, but he's not playing any better than he usually does.

I'd prob go

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh    Davies    Fozzy (if fit)

Huddlestone  Butters/Johnson

Bennett                  Nuge               Anya/wiemann

Martin

First half Wisdom was pants against Macclesfield with Baird much better in the second half. Forsyth likewise had terrible distribution with Olsson improving that position second half. Elsnik was much better than Johnson & Butterfield in the holding role.Bennett also was very good. Based purely on that I would currently go with:

.............................................Carson...............................................

Baird.....................Keogh.........................Davies.................Olsson

......................Huddlestone..........................Elsnik.........................

........Bennett..........................Vydra.........................Weimann......

................................................Martin...........................................

Still giving Vydra the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

mumblemumble

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth

Huddlestone  Johnson

Anya  Martin  Russell

Nugent

Subs: Mitchell, Baird, Rawson, Hanson, Bryson, Bennett, Vydra

Hopefully (and its a big hope), these are being shipped out: Olsson, Pearce, Butterfield, Weimann, Blackman, Bent.

Agree that the team lineup will be a massive statement. We'll get to really see for sure what Norbert Meier thinks is his best eleven as Die roten Teufel prepare for their 2. Bundesliga campaign. About time Die Laut pulled their finger out and escaped midtable mediocrity after finishing 13th last season. Pah! 

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

First half Wisdom was pants against Macclesfield with Baird much better in the second half. Forsyth likewise had terrible distribution with Olsson improving that position second half. Elsnik was much better than Johnson & Butterfield in the holding role.Bennett also was very good. Based purely on that I would currently go with:

.............................................Carson...............................................

Baird.....................Keogh.........................Davies.................Olsson

......................Huddlestone..........................Elsnik.........................

........Bennett..........................Vydra.........................Weimann......

................................................Martin...........................................

Still giving Vydra the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

But not wisdom or fozzy?:p

7 hours ago, mumblemumble said:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh  Davies  Forsyth

Huddlestone  Johnson

Anya  Martin  Russell

Nugent

Subs: Mitchell, Baird, Rawson, Hanson, Bryson, Bennett, Vydra

Hopefully (and its a big hope), these are being shipped out: Olsson, Pearce, Butterfield, Weimann, Blackman, Bent.

Don't think that's too far off the starting line up myself! Huddlestone's signing gives Thorne extra recovery time and reduces the chance of him coming back too early.Baird ,Bent and Pearce contracts expire next June so we'll just have to be patient in seeing them go.I'd also prefer to see Elsnik on the bench instead of Rawson.As for Russell,please sign a "proper winger" Gary!!!.Russell came to us as a striker and,for some reason,has always been played as a winger.He hasn't got a trick or genuine pace and he's survived this long due to determination overcoming his lack of talent but,sadly,he's fading fast.Can't fault him for effort but we need better than him to get us up.Good transfer window so far IMO but stiil waiting for that "top,top quality replacement"for Ince.

I so want Johnnie to find his form before it's too late,  there is a really good footballer in him, we'll rue the day we let him go, i will anyway,  my favourite Ram, one of the few i'd pay to see,  a real nice character, come on Johnnie, prove the doubters wrong.. 

Archived