Rowett's blinking

Leicester Ram

I wonder if he had a stutter or stammer. 

My friend told me when he was going through the process of therapy to get rid of his they used excessive blinking as an aid. Don't know why, mind.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a professional tick, a coping strategy for "uncomfortable situations" such as interviews etc. 

Many professional people have them such as Managers, I myself have a weird tendency to scratch my wrist and have no idea I'm doing it! 

a very common thing, Gazza likes to blink and swallow ?

I reckon Gary's twitch and blinking have developed since he's realised that Tim Elsnik is our best midfielder and Mason Bennett is our best winger.....

Seriously though, our recruitment over the last 2 to 3 years has been diabolical.

Are Butters or Johnno 5 or 6 million pound better than Tim?

Are Blackman, Vydra, Weimann or Anya significantly better prospects than Mason?

Its bad enough that Clement and Pearson spent many millions on decidedly average players but then to have those players potentially blocking the route into the first team for academy lads is criminal in my eyes.

19 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I reckon Gary's twitch and blinking have developed since he's realised that Tim Elsnik is our best midfielder and Mason Bennett is our best winger.....

Seriously though, our recruitment over the last 2 to 3 years has been diabolical.

Are Butters or Johnno 5 or 6 million pound better than Tim?

Are Blackman, Vydra, Weimann or Anya significantly better prospects than Mason?

Its bad enough that Clement and Pearson spent many millions on decidedly average players but then to have those players potentially blocking the route into the first team for academy lads is criminal in my eyes.

I'd be blinking blinking with some of the prices we have paid. I think GR has shown us how to get good deals. Anything to do with SR leaving the negotiations table.

15 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

FFS close this down sad buggers counting his blinks or are you romantically involved

All that has done Tommy is advertise that your line for romantic involvement triggers at the point you start counting blinks.

That's worrying. 

39 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

All that has done Tommy is advertise that your line for romantic involvement triggers at the point you start counting blinks.

That's worrying. 

"alright darling, did you know that you've blinked 600 times in the last 15 minutes? Can I buy you a drink?" 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

"alright darling, did you know that you've blinked 600 times in the last 15 minutes? Can I buy you a drink?" 

Many of my most memorable romantic encounters began with a woman blinking. 

I assume it was the chloroform fumes that caused it.

It's something I mentioned a while back and wondered if he felt pressured ,, i may be wrong but it's not something that was apparent before the interviews around selling Hughes and this was the point where he was either making the hard decisions that would poss bring negative responses towards him from our fans or perhaps he was carrying the can when in fact he would rather have kept Hugh's and ince but he had no option but let go to balance the books in light of ffp , either way managing Derby is a pressure job for rowett because of the ex player ,local man , son is a supporter and he really seems to have an affection for Derby and desperately want to be a success with us ,this over and above the stress that comes with a job like Derby at this point in our development under a new owner desperate for success ,

all that said , the incoming transfers have kind of moved us along a bit and in the main seem to be being greeted positively with the vibe being that rowett is doing a decent job in the market ,,, I'm hoping for and looking forward to seeing some big smile comfortable interviews from rowett once he has his team out on the pitch doing well,,, I really want him to be a success at Derby long term ,,, there's a lot to like about gary rowett

On 16/07/2017 at 14:02, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just because no one else has......

Ha, spin on that Inverurie. Where were ya? 'C'mon let's be avin ya... ...' in my best Norwich City chairmans' accent 

23 hours ago, Derbados said:

It's a professional tick, a coping strategy for "uncomfortable situations" such as interviews etc. 

Many professional people have them such as Managers, I myself have a weird tendency to scratch my wrist and have no idea I'm doing it! 

a very common thing, Gazza likes to blink and swallow ?

I knew a girl who always blinked when she swallowed. I found it quite helpful. A bit like a over-filling warning light on the car dashboard.

Archived