Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But I will say this,if the club manages to get a reasonable deal out of this now for Lawrence after the situation they've put themselves in, I shall give them a lot of praise.

What situation have the club got themselves into?

58 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Maybe or we're showing ambitious ?

Pay over the odds this time, then the next player who we want to buy, the price goes up. It's a vicious circle.

Bored with the whole tl saga now ,,, no way is that kind of money for him justifiable,, one decent loan season where he shone above those around him in a poor championship team ,,, whoopy bloody doo ,,, much rather give players like vydra , wiseman , anya, Blackman a chance to get back on track if haven't got a decent alternative lined up ,,, then kick the scouting staffs arses to get somebody sorted for January window ,,, im sick to death of paying big money for players to arrive and not even make the first team ,, my gut feeling is that rowett is also not stupid enough to pay way over the odds for players ,, he seems very clear that his reputation rests on the type of players he buys ,,,

its move on tom for me I'm afraid 

28 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Shakespeare said that he wants to give British players a much greater chance to impress. Had Ranieri still been there, I maybe would have agreed but he literally only said the other week that he wants to give British players more of a chance. And just because he's hasn't signed a deal now, doesn't mean they cannot offer him one during the season. Lawrence will probably back himself to play at Leicester if two of his main competitors for the starting spot leave. 

I wonder if maybe he'll have said that knowing that there was plenty of interest in both Gray and Lawrence?

If managers always said what they meant then we'd not have had to sit through the Clement or Pearson eras.

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Lawrence had a decent season at Ipswich now if that was brilliant then that is the best he can achieve for us! 

I highly, highly doubt that Tom Ince would've done as well in a struggling Ipswich side. Not saying he's better than Ince, but Ince never thrived when we were struggling. 

Everyone saying move on, walk away, how was the bid structured? Was £7m the initial amount we pay or was that the total with all add ons? How were the add ons broke down? How much for promotion? Sell on percentage? What about appearance fee? International caps?

Maybe we should have a think about the full complexity of the offer before just dismissing it out of hand?

3 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I highly, highly doubt that Tom Ince would've done as well in a struggling Ipswich side. Not saying he's better than Ince, but Ince never thrived when we were struggling. 

Did he really thrive though or just look far better than those around him?? Think ince easily managed that 

8 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Yes he did....when we went on that dog awful run when we were top in February and had all the injuries and faltered dramatically, he scored all of the goals...

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I am surprised we went in with a bid so high. I would have expected an initial bid of 4 million to be rejected. They say they want 8 and they meet in the middle at 6.....

Surely all comes down to what Leicester are asking for. They might want 10. Who knows. 

The decision to be made by GR is that will Lawrence be the one whose signing will get us over line and be promoted.

If thinks he is then we will go as far as we can to sign him.

If there cheaper alternatives GR thinks can equally do the job then we move on to them until we eventually get one of his targets

PistoldPete2

If he joins us I would love to be proved wrong but I think at £7million he is already well overpriced. One decent season at Ipswich does not a career make.

Archived