Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

4 minutes ago, needles said:

I don't get how you work out that any of that is under our control? 

If we had tried to get the deal done before Mahrez and Gray wanted out then we wouldn't be in this position.

Was very predictable that Leicester were never going to budge because they don't need to sell, especially now. We should have met their valuation of the player if we wanted him.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Jimmy Skitz said:

Gray doesn't want out he wants assurances he'll get more game time, he's also still on the contract he signed when we bought him, he'll sign a new deal and be playing week in week out when Mahrez goes to Italy

Regardless, Lawrence still will be above in the pecking order ahead of the likes of Musa. If Gray does stay as you say then I imagine that Lawrence will be the third choice winger. He will have plenty of minutes.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

If we had tried to get the deal done before Mahrez and Gray wanted out then we wouldn't be in this position.

Was very predictable that Leicester were never going to budge because they don't need to sell, especially now. We should have met their valuation of the player if we wanted him.

What was their valuation of him?

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Let's bid another million, after all it's only 20 academy coaches we'd have to let go to secure him.

Extreme example maybe, but some day soon we have to live within our means.

I don't think academy coaches will be on 50k a year. I think they'd have to take away the footballs, nets and corner flags too.

Just now, philmycock said:

I love it when opposition fans come on here, racking up a zillion posts in a few hours/days telling us we won't get their players...

...then we sign their players. :lol:

been here a while kid, just don't post that often and no where have I said you won't get him, simply said pay the valuation we have set instead of calling us "tight" for demanding what we think he's worth

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think you have just said Russell is worth £7 million being a regular in a team that has finished basically in the top 6 regularly 

( I like Russell but let's put it in context) 

We regularly finish top 6? I must have missed a few seasons, because as far as I'm aware we miss out as much as we make it. 

It's a strange one as most people on here seem to say move on he's too much. If I remember that was said about gray and wells. Look how that turned out, both in the prem and both having scored double figures every year since.

on that evidence, screw it, go get him GR.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

been here a while kid, just don't post that often and no where have I said you won't get him, simply said pay the valuation we have set instead of calling us "tight" for demanding what we think he's worth

Not even worth 7 million forget him onto the next player 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

What was their valuation of him?

Wish I knew, but regardless we should have met it if we were that desperate to get him(not saying it would have been right or wrong to do so because I'm neutral on this). Leicester were never going to budge on their asking price because they don't need to. According to Owen Bradley we've had 2 bids rejected so that suggests we failed to meet Leicester's valuation of him. If we were that desperate to get him then why not just pay what they want rather try and get him cheaper?(which was never going to happen) I doubt it would have been that much more to what we have bidded as we haven't been put off.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Skitz said:

yeah that's not how the transfer market works, we set the value for the player you either meet it or go elsewhere, there's been talk of £10m bids coming from both Brighton and Newcastle and that's before you factor in the fact that we do not want to sell the player and quite obviously have no financial need to either.

as I said before, he's impressed in pre season and is rated highly by Shakespeare so pay what we demand or move on and stop wasting everyones time

You know, I don't really care for your attitude, coming on here giving it Billy Big Boots. Who do you think you (your club) are. You won a championship and now you think you're mixing with the big boys. NEWSFLASH...you ain't. 

Go and win another title within the next two years, you know, like we did, and show us all the other season wasn't a flash in the pan.

You are like your manager, delusions of grandeur, think your bigger and better than you are. Shakespeare will be down the road before the season's end, hopefully you'll follow him.

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Wish I knew, but regardless we should have met it if we were that desperate to get him(not saying it would have been right or wrong to do so because I'm neutral on this). Leicester were never going to budge on their asking price because they don't need to. According to Owen Bradley we've had 2 bids rejected so that suggests we failed to meet Leicester's valuation of him. If we were that desperate to get him then why not just pay what they want rather try and get him cheaper?(which was never going to happen) I doubt it would have been that much more to what we have bidded as we haven't been put off.

No he didn't.

26 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Remember that WBA fan came on here and said we've got no chance of getting Thorne blah blah blah then what happened next? We got him and I think WBA fan never posted again?

He probably died of stitch.

Archived