Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

3 minutes ago, needles said:

This is why I can't stand summer transfer windows.

We know nothing other than that Lawrence is a player we'd like to sign.

What we don't know is, for instance; whether he wants to come to Derby, how much Leicester want in fee, how much he wants in wages, how much budget we've got, whether he's top choice or we're waiting on a higher priority, whether he's waiting on a squad status decision from Leicester, whether he's waiting on the potential for a Perm move, whether Leicester want to sign a replacement first, how the payment structure stacks up with any other signings we want to make with regard to FFP...some people may know some of this, but we don't know enough about them and the circumstances in which they "know" it to attach any credence to what they say.

People. Seriously. The club are doing their best, Rowett and Morris aren't in it for s**** and giggles.

It would do all of our blood pressure and general wellbeing a right load of good if we took a nice big dose of chill the f*** out.

Where's the fun in that logical analysis? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't sure where to put this but.... 

I've been told that something will happen tomorrow. It's a high chance, that it is a new player revealed, but I'm unsure of which player and at what time. I'm trying to find out more info. I admit now that I could be wrong, and nothing will happen, but I'm pretty confident that there will be at least a major development in a transfer ?

4 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

I've been told that something will happen tomorrow. It's a high chance, that it is a new player revealed, but I'm unsure of which player and at what time. I'm trying to find out more info. I admit now that I could be wrong, and nothing will happen, but I'm pretty confident that there will be at least a major development in a transfer ?

Could be someone out maybe?

21 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

For Derby or just someone in general will sign someone at some point tomorrow, maybe! ?

Some people's comments on this are seriously questionable 

how many times have you all seen Lawrence play ? 

I think I have seen him once in the flesh- nothing of note to remember 

he is 24 I believe and has had one decent loan at Ipswich, paying out what we got for Ince is just silly 

keep it sensible people 

14 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Well if this is a meeting of the AA (Avatars Anonymous) then I feel I should come clean and admit to not actually being Kenneth Williams.

And, alas, I must admit to never having sailed the seven seas in search of plunder or buried treasure.

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

I wonder if I email Alan Hinton he will come over from Seattle for a season to help us get promoted?  He is two wingers in one!

I bet he is still good enough even now!

Still better than butterfield and blackman combines....

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

he is 24 I believe and has had one decent loan at Ipswich, paying out what we got for Ince is just silly 

keep it sensible people 

You only have to ask Ipswich fans just how good he is, you could say he is their Leon Osman.

But, on the subject of Leon Osman, rumours at the time were that we could have signed him for 400k, that is how much a highly rated youngster would have cost you back then, nowadays it's around the 7 million mark. Which is a crazy change in landscape.

8 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

Do your mum a favour, and just go and put it in the dishwasher.

IMG_0178.JPG

7 hours ago, Sparkle said:

keep it sensible people 

Asked the same question on the Jota thread.

We get linked with someone, people look at his stats and then instantly become an expert on said player.

'Outstanding'

'Just the sort of player we need'

'Would spend £6m or £7m on him'

The same people that criticised recruitment when we signed Johnson, Butterfield and Blackman on the back of purple periods in their career.

6 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

And, alas, I must admit to never having sailed the seven seas in search of plunder or buried treasure.

Ye be no fun any more. Shiver me timbers.

43 minutes ago, eddie said:

Ye be no fun any more. Shiver me timbers.

Avast behind me hearty!  Nothing personal of course

Archived