Forum Issues

David
Message added by David,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

10 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

'Night mode' or have i misread something?

Bottom of the site next to Terms of Use you should see "Theme", from there select Night Mode. If you want to switch back choose DCFC Fans

Home lappy is ok.  so is iphone.

However, I popped in to the office for an hour earlier, and it was still "closed" on there.

Dell laptop - Chrome - Think that one is win 7?

I read your instructions for clearing the cache thing, and I even got the black box come up (reminded me of early teletext!), and having copied and pasted the codeword from your instructions, it came up that I had successfully cleared the cache wotsit (Can't remember the finer details, and I won't be back on that laptop until Tuesday now).  But trying to access on here failed, as if I'd done nothing.

Can't do any more at this stage, but just be warned... I may be back on here on Tuesday begging you for an idiot's guide!  (Not for the first time!)

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

However, I popped in to the office for an hour earlier, and it was still "closed" on there.

I read your instructions for clearing the cache thing, and I even got the black box come up (reminded me of early teletext!), and having copied and pasted the codeword from your instructions, it came up that I had successfully cleared the cache wotsit (Can't remember the finer details, and I won't be back on that laptop until Tuesday now).  But trying to access on here failed, as if I'd done nothing.

Can't do any more at this stage, but just be warned... I may be back on here on Tuesday begging you for an idiot's guide!  (Not for the first time!)

Have you tried a different browser?

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Probably cached on your company's internal IT servers.  You'll likely just have to wait it out. (I doubt you can put in a help desk request because you can't skive off on DCFC Fans ? )

1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Probably cached on your company's internal IT servers.  You'll likely just have to wait it out. (I doubt you can put in a help desk request because you can't skive off on DCFC Fans ? )

We're a two-bob company with just two of us in the office.  We don't have internal anything!  We can google a lot worse than dcfcfans!  LOL!

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

We're a two-bob company with just two of us in the office.  We don't have internal anything!  We can google a lot worse than dcfcfans!  LOL!

I'm having same problem with my windows 7 PC at home. 

28 minutes ago, David said:

We have discovered an issue with the forum server time which is running 1 hour fast, we are looking into what is causing this now.

I did wonder, thought i'd set it wrong on prediction poll.

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

Might it be summat to do with BST & GMT ?

Don’t thank me, just delete my 4 and a 1/2 year old warnings from my profile sometime. ?

All set to BST which is why it's proving to be a head scratcher.

Criminal record lasts 100 years.

16 minutes ago, David said:

All set to BST which is why it's proving to be a head scratcher.

Criminal record lasts 100 years.

Just looked back thru previous polls to see if deadlines had altered, they have back as far as the Rotherham game, then the game before that (Stoke i think) deadline is correct again. Is it possible to set server to a time when it was running correctly,  like you can if you have PC problems?

Just now, mozza said:

Just looked back thru previous polls to see if deadlines had altered, they have back as far as the Rotherham game, then the game before that (Stoke i think) deadline is correct again. Is it possible to set server to a time when it was running correctly,  like you can if you have PC problems?

It's not as simple as that, the boffins have been called in but as it's the weekend they probably won't be on it now until tomorrow

1 hour ago, David said:

It's not as simple as that, the boffins have been called in but as it's the weekend they probably won't be on it now until tomorrow

Or Tuesday with tomorrow being Bank Holiday? 

2 minutes ago, mozza said:

Glad i could help , ?

I had disabled PHP-FPM on the account, set PHP 7.2 (ea-php72) as the system default, then checked the forum and it worked.

Went back in to LVE manager and enabled 7.3 in the selector as I like to have the forum running on the latest possible software, went into the admin panel for the forum and selected this and we're all good. 

Don't worry I have updated the cron job, forgot that one before and nearly crashed the site as tasks started to build up, that was back in the day when I pulled late nighters to fix issues whilst it was quiet. Try not to do that as that's how mistakes happen.