Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

Not an issue, a suggestion and apologies if it's been covered before. Have seen this on another forum (not a Derby one, no traitor here ? ) ... where threads "remember" how far down you've viewed so when you go back in again when there's a new post since you've last looked it takes you directly there ?

1 minute ago, Anna said:

Not an issue, a suggestion and apologies if it's been covered before. Have seen this on another forum (not a Derby one, no traitor here ? ) ... where threads "remember" how far down you've viewed so when you go back in again when there's a new post since you've last looked it takes you directly there ?

How are you entering into topics, are you using the unread content page or going through each board and opening topics that way?

1 minute ago, Anna said:

Through each board 

That is the default behaviour, you should see a black line which indicates all posts below are new. This only works for what you have read whilst logged into your account though.

fullsizeoutput_12d0.jpeg

4 minutes ago, David said:

That is the default behaviour, you should see a black line which indicates all posts below are new. This only works for what you have read whilst logged into your account though.

fullsizeoutput_12d0.jpeg

Thank you, not noticed the line before!! It should help me when scrolling down to know when to stop ?

On 05/07/2019 at 12:26, Anna said:

Thank you, not noticed the line before!! It should help me when scrolling down to know when to stop ?

Better still (imo), go in via the "Unread Content route" (There's a quick link on each page, I believe?).

It will list all new (to you) threads and all threads that you may have previously read but have since had new posts added (since your last visit).  Clicking on any of those threads listed (in any order you desire) will take you directly to the first unread (by you) post (effectively "where you left off"!)

Once you have read all threads that interest you (i,e, when there are only cricket and vegan threads left!), you can even clear the whole lot by clicking "Mark site read", which tidies things up in readiness for your next visit.  Without that clearance, every single unread item will remain listed each and every time you come back on, so you need never miss a single word!

It is such a clever bit of kit, my default access to this site (Bookmark?) is directly to the "Unread Content" page.

Bravo, I say!  

55 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Better still (imo), go in via the "Unread Content route" (There's a quick link on each page, I believe?).

It will list all new (to you) threads and all threads that you may have previously read but have since had new posts added (since your last visit).  Clicking on any of those threads listed (in any order you desire) will take you directly to the first unread (by you) post (effectively "where you left off"!)

Once you have read all threads that interest you (i,e, when there are only cricket and vegan threads left!), you can even clear the whole lot by clicking "Mark site read", which tidies things up in readiness for your next visit.  Without that clearance, every single unread item will remain listed each and every time you come back on, so you need never miss a single word!

It is such a clever bit of kit, my default access to this site (Bookmark?) is directly to the "Unread Content" page.

Bravo, I say!  

Thanks, worth me checking out... however I think I realise where I've been going wrong in regards to my original query @David ... If click on the thread name it takes me to where I last viewed (which is what I wanted), whereas clicking on the page number just takes me to the top of the page... doh!

See the Politics Thread is pulled. Bit of an overreaction in my view, if only temporary. Yes a few posters were getting a bit tetchy, but deal with them - ban them from posting in the thread for a week or two. If they don’t comply and breach the terms, ban them full stop.  

21 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

See the Politics Thread is pulled. Bit of an overreaction in my view, if only temporary. Yes a few posters were getting a bit tetchy, but deal with them - ban them from posting in the thread for a week or two. If they don’t comply and breach the terms, ban them full stop.  

Bye.

53 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Agreed. If people start making their insults personal, regardless of the topic of conversation, they should be banned. Voice your opinion of course, just don't start getting wound up and verbally abuse folks.

Edited by SouthStandDan

You know those days where you wake up and wish you had stayed in bed?...ahem. 

This is a temporary lock, I’am reviewing the Politics thread now and discussing the situation with the moderators.

Please bear with us. 

13 hours ago, David said:

You know those days where you wake up and wish you had stayed in bed?...ahem. 

This is a temporary lock, I’am reviewing the Politics thread now and discussing the situation with the moderators.

Please bare with us. 

bear with us, its bear, not bare. Bare with us could mean visiting a nudist camp or something.

I will now have visions of you and Boycie chasing each other round a campsite near Ashbourne in the altogether.

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

bear with us, its bear, not bare. Bare with us could mean visiting a nudist camp or something.

I will now have visions of you and Boycie chasing each other round a campsite near Ashbourne in the altogether.

He’d run slow on purpose.

Watch him deny it.

Edited by Boycie

• 2 weeks later...

When I flip to the main forum menu, if i try to click on "Derby County Forum" too quickly I end up clicking "Schtart Topic" as after a brief pause the screen moves down slightly on entry to a page.

Same goes for if I'm in a forum and try too click the top thread too quickly, I end up marking the forum as "read"

Is this a bug or my phone being slow?

Android ?