Board of Directors

DEL

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

I see what your saying and you make some valid points. But I don't really ever think Mel saw it as his play thing, he's a good businessman obviously, but he is new to running his own football club and his on a massive learning curve himself. Think some fans need to be a bit patient with him and understand this.

The most frustrating thing for me has been that he talks a good game.

If he had managed to put his words into action we'd be mid-table still, just a division higher. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
5 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Roy McFarland

David Williams 

John Kirkland 

These 3 is the names. 

Kirkland and Morris were part of the league of gentleman who got us promoted. Roy Mac , well he needs no introduction. Who is david Williams? 

The slightly disturbing thing for me in this announcement is the final line  "These appointments complete our Board of Directors and provide us with a group rich in talent, knowledge, experience and love of the club.”

I can read into that two ways:

1) We don't intend to hire a CEO at any point in the near future (As a CEO would probably sit on the BOD)

2) If we hire a CEO, it won't be a board position.

So point one concerns me because genuinely, who is doing the job right now. Honestly, I don't want Mel doing it. I don't trust him with his hire/fire policy, short termism and misleading lines to the media.

I want Mel to do what the chairman does - run the BOD and issuing the instructions down to the CEO and let the CEO run the Business of the club and execute the wishes of the manager on players.

I agree fully with the blend of people he's bought to sit on the board. They will each offer something different and that will be a benefit for the club however I'm always sceptical within a Football Club where the business Model is so different just exactly what direction the BOD will give.

Anyway, time will tell but fi we don't appoint a CEO anytime soon, I'll be very concerned.

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

The slightly disturbing thing for me in this announcement is the final line  "These appointments complete our Board of Directors and provide us with a group rich in talent, knowledge, experience and love of the club.”

1) We don't intend to hire a CEO at any point in the near future (As a CEO would probably sit on the BOD)

So point one concerns me because genuinely, who is doing the job right now. Honestly, I don't want Mel doing it. I don't trust him with his hire/fire policy, short termism and misleading lines to the media.

I want Mel to do what the chairman does - run the BOD and issuing the instructions down to the CEO and let the CEO run the Business of the club and execute the wishes of the manager on players.

I agree fully with the blend of people he's bought to sit on the board. They will each offer something different and that will be a benefit for the club however I'm always sceptical within a Football Club where the business Model is so different just exactly what direction the BOD will give.

Anyway, time will tell but fi we don't appoint a CEO anytime soon, I'll be very concerned.

Not sure I agree ,,, I'm ok with mel taking on the CEO / rush role , he wants to be more involved with the running the business side of things and as for not trusting his hire fire policy it ultimately comes down to him anyway , having rush as as CEO has not ,curtailed any hiring / firing in mels time here up till now ,, what I see (opinion only) is mel getting more involve in running the business ( understand he is a pretty shrewd business man already ) and appointing some directors that he trusts personally and on a Derby through and through basis ,

may be me being daft but I can only see the positives compared to where we were

13 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

I see what your saying and you make some valid points. But I don't really ever think Mel saw it as his play thing, he's a good businessman obviously, but he is new to running his own football club and his on a massive learning curve himself. Think some fans need to be a bit patient with him and understand this.

Don't think he shows much patience do you?

8 hours ago, rammieib said:

Totally agree and those appointed need to be strong and heard in the boardroom.. 

Im a bit meh at the moment, we need to see how this develops.

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Don't think he shows much patience do you?

Does it mean though because he's made mistakes  ( which he looks to be trying to make a mense for) and probably at times not shown patients (mainly clement) that we shouldn't either ? If that's the case we will be stuck going round in circles.

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Rush's role has been replaced by a combination of Morris, Pearce, Vicars and a more hands on Rowett, specifically regarding transfers/contracts.

8 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Rush's role has been replaced by a combination of Morris, Pearce, Vicars and a more hands on Rowett, specifically regarding transfers/contracts.

I'd like to know who is leading the business deals, be in player transfers, commercial deals, contract talks etc

I completely see scenarios coming up where things are overlooked as one person leaves it to another to undertake.

It's like writing an E-mail to 4 people in the 'To' line and then saying "Can one of you do this please" - and then nobody does it!

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

I'd like to know who is leading the business deals, be in player transfers, commercial deals, contract talks etc

I completely see scenarios coming up where things are overlooked as one person leaves it to another to undertake.

It's like writing an E-mail to 4 people in the 'To' line and then saying "Can one of you do this please" - and then nobody does it!

I'd hazard a guess that each person knows what their roles and responsibilities are, so wouldn't spend too much time worrying about the organisational structure of someone else's business if I were you :thumbsup:

23 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

As well as showing some patience, some fans also need to stop thinking they're being clever by coming out with stupid statements about the owner. Cheap shots are two a penny from some so-called 'supporters.

Exactly easy to aim cheap shots at a guy who is trying so hard for Derby Put away the jealousy guys truely get behind your team 120%

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Rowett's stated that he deals with agents and contracts and stuff.

Derby fans: "Booo. Mel needs some help".

Mel appoints some help

Derby fans: "Booo. Now nobody will know what they are supposed to be doing".

Archived