Board of Directors

DEL

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love to see us subverting the "Stock Image on an Official Club Announcement" genre. Rather than selecting the now-traditional corner flag in an empty stadium, we've elected to go for a flag nearly in the corner, but not quite.

Hope these levels of creativity and innovation are a sign of things to come.

Smart move, the club is appearing less as Uncle Mel's play thing and more like Mel Morris' business investment. A solid transfer window would go a long way towards getting the club to where it wants to be now, both on the pitch and behind the scenes. 

16 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Love to see us subverting the "Stock Image on an Official Club Announcement" genre. Rather than selecting the now-traditional corner flag in an empty stadium, we've elected to go for a flag nearly in the corner, but not quite.

Hope these levels of creativity and innovations are a sign of things to come.

Someone's put the cones out too

19 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Hope these levels of creativity and innovations are a sign of things to come.

It's the Derby Way...slightly left of the centre circle. :mellow:

6 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Smart move, the club is appearing less as Uncle Mel's play thing and more like Mel Morris' business investment. A solid transfer window would go a long way towards getting the club to where it wants to be now, both on the pitch and behind the scenes. 

A great manouevre (never could spell that one) by MM. A great mix of minds...And all fans of the Club. If there is one person on planet Earth who should be at the centre of Derby County, it is Roy McFarland who really should be Sir Roy McFarland by now. 

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Hope these levels of creativity and innovation are a sign of things to come.

Wouldn't of noticed if you'd not mentioned but now you come to mention it that picture is a bit ***** .

55 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

I see what your saying and you make some valid points. But I don't really ever think Mel saw it as his play thing, he's a good businessman obviously, but he is new to running his own football club and his on a massive learning curve himself. Think some fans need to be a bit patient with him and understand this.

7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I see what your saying and you make some valid points. But I don't really ever think Mel saw it as his play thing, he's a good businessman obviously, but he is new to running his own football club and his on a massive learning curve himself. Think some fans need to be a bit patient with him and understand this.

As well as showing some patience, some fans also need to stop thinking they're being clever by coming out with stupid statements about the owner. Cheap shots are two a penny from some so-called 'supporters.

9 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Not saying that I agree with that statement, I think however the media perceives him as such. From an outside perspective he's an overly active owner. From this side the fans know he fully intends the best and he is only just starting out. But having a board of directors will probably get him brownie points in the media I'd imagine.

12 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Not saying that I agree with that statement, I think however the media perceives him as such. From an outside perspective he's an overly active owner. From this side the fans know he fully intends the best and he is only just starting out. But having a board of directors will probably get him brownie points in the media I'd imagine.

What part don't you agree with ?

Forget brownie points, the Board is there to provide checks and balance to the direction of operation to make sure that decisions taken are in the best interests of the club. As Mel has stated that he is going to be more directly involved with the club on a day to day basis, those additions are essential. 

Sounds like three good appointments. 

47 minutes ago, angieram said:

Forget brownie points, the Board is there to provide checks and balance to the direction of operation to make sure that decisions taken are in the best interests of the club. As Mel has stated that he is going to be more directly involved with the club on a day to day basis, those additions are essential. 

Sounds like three good appointments. 

Normally the board sets the way forward, and the CEO operates according to their wishes.

However, football isn't really like any other business, and by bringing people he trusts onto the board, Mel has given himself a reasonable chance of combining the CEO and chairman roles.

In terms of employees, Derby is quite a small business anyway.

The lawyer is a long time advisor, and it's always nice to have someone who's advice you trust close to hand, but the other two are Derby through and through, and big enough to say if they think something's not right.

Good additions on the face of it, no point appointing a CEO when we have an owner who's acheived far more than any prospective replacements.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Normally the board sets the way forward, and the CEO operates according to their wishes.

However, football isn't really like any other business, and by bringing people he trusts onto the board, Mel has given himself a reasonable chance of combining the CEO and chairman roles.

In terms of employees, Derby is quite a small business anyway.

The lawyer is a long time advisor, and it's always nice to have someone who's advice you trust close to hand, but the other two are Derby through and through, and big enough to say if they think something's not right.

Good additions on the face of it, no point appointing a CEO when we have an owner who's acheived far more than any prospective replacements.

...and I think MM's vision for the TV rights/Derby County channel*, once the current EFL deal expires, illustrates that MM can sniff an opportunity out and wants to exploit it to the full for the benefit of Derby County.

* explained at the most recent Fans' Forum

Archived