George Boyd - signed for Sheffield Wednesday

Mafiabob

I know Boyd is on a free but maybe this deal could be being held up by the need to get rid of a winger? I'm pretty sure that when we were first linked it looked like Weimann was going to Wolves, now that fell through maybe we need 1 out before getting Boyd in...Camara seems the most likely at the minute.

If we was to get Boyd in before an outgoing we would have - Ince Boyd Russell Weimann Anya Blackman Camara as 'wingers'

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colour me underwhelmed if this is the calibre we're going for.

That said, I expect our business this summer to largely be more like the Davies transfer where by within 24 hours of hearing it, it was confirmed - so I'm banking on this being ********.

5 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Why don't you want him? 

Because I don't rate him. Is that OK with you on this answer?

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Colour me underwhelmed if this is the calibre we're going for.

That said, I expect our business this summer to largely be more like the Davies transfer where by within 24 hours of hearing it, it was confirmed - so I'm banking on this being ********.

Brighton went up without any superstars, as did Hudders.

I'm finding quite refreshing that were not splashing silly money any more. Can't wait to see what the team looks like come August.

If Boyd is better for the team GR is building then I trust his judgement. We went for the stirling individual signings in Butters and Johnson and hardly paid off. 

Boyd knows where the goal Is, has got promoted, played at a higher level. Don't see it as a bad one. 

Trying not to be negative about things but slightly bemused about the rumours on who we are looking to sell. Surely we need to keep the cream in Hughes and Ince, the only creativity we have when Thorne is unfit and build a team around them, getting rid of the dead wood, Camara, Olsson, Blackman and Weimann to name a few and then bring in 2 or 3 quality additions?? If these rumours are true it seems he is going about things arse about face???? I will be particularly disappointed if we sell Ince and bring in Boyd......

3 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

If Boyd is better for the team GR is building then I trust his judgement. We went for the stirling individual signings in Butters and Johnson and hardly paid off. 

Boyd knows where the goal Is, has got promoted, played at a higher level. Don't see it as a bad one. 

Boyd is not a goalscoring midfielder and his assists wasn't too great either, to me he'd be a player who would be selected more away than at home but i don't think we need any more 31/32 year olds

15 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

Brighton went up without any superstars, as did Hudders.

I'm finding quite refreshing that were not splashing silly money any more. Can't wait to see what the team looks like come August.

Nothing to do with lack of superstars or money being spent - I just don't think he's very good. I've maintained we need to get younger, faster and more athletic. He's none of that.

I don't see why age is such an important issue? Nobody is still bringing up Nugent's age? If the player is still fit enough to play at this correct level, age shouldn't matter. Whilst it's nice to have a young core to the squad so you can build from that, I believe a degree of short termism to get the premier league isn't necessarily a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Nothing to do with lack of superstars or money being spent - I just don't think he's very good. I've maintained we need to get younger, faster and more athletic. He's none of that.

But aren't we supposed to have them here anyway? Ince, Russell, Anya, Wiemann. 

I don't know how you can say he's not athletic either, he'll run all day and played 39 times for Burnley last season in the prem.

Not too bad really.

Archived