George Boyd - signed for Sheffield Wednesday

Mafiabob

On 6/14/2017 at 22:05, i-Ram said:

It does Buddy, but l am pretty convinced the Tories have to take a lot of the blame for his failings.

To be fair, they've been in power for Blackman's entire stint at Derby so they should be prepared to accept their fair share of the blame.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
On 14 June 2017 at 22:26, valleyram said:

His best position is the bench 

Atm we would have a very crowded bench. 7 subs. If say martin is first choice CF, ( russell amd ince either side of him) that leaves nugent, bent and  vydra on the bench, plus weimann, anya, plus Mitchell and say Baird. No room for Blackman ... And we have to perm 3 from Johnson, Bryson hughes , butterfield and maybe thorne in midfield, plus quite a lot of defenders to choose from. 15 into 7 doesn't go. 

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Wisdom/Boyd - is that what our right side is going to look like this season? 

Should I stop getting hugely excited about Wisdom/Ince and start getting slightly less excited about Wisdom/Boyd?

Not very attacking ... I can't remember wisdom ever making an assist leave alone scoring a goal. But he was very solid in defence, so hopefully we should stop conceding silly goals from corners and free kicks. 

36 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Not very attacking ... I can't remember wisdom ever making an assist leave alone scoring a goal. But he was very solid in defence, so hopefully we should stop conceding silly goals from corners and free kicks. 

You can't remember Wisdom ever making an assist? Barnsley away for Chris Martin goal? 

5 hours ago, Redcar said:

Yep.... what a great away day that was. Packed that end!!

"Sweet Caroline.....Good times never seemed so good" 

belted out at half time by 6000 derby fans.

17 minutes ago, RamNut said:

"Sweet Caroline.....Good times never seemed so good" 

belted out at half time by 6000 derby fans.

It was a great day, £10 a ticket - my actual Birthday - found a pub just outside Barnsley £1.99 a pint on all Beers ! 

The reason he hasn't a lot of goals or assists is because Dyche has him doing more defending than attacking. He is all over the pitch chasing down the opposition.

His favourite position is no. 10 and I think he played that at Peterborough where he scored a lot of goals.

He gets a lot of stick from the Burnley fans but has played out of position since he joined us.

He would be a very good player for a Championship team trying to get out of the division especially played in his right position. He knows where the net Is, given the chance, and scores some superb goals.

One thing that can be said about him is that he will give his all on the pitch.

11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It was a great day, £10 a ticket - my actual Birthday - found a pub just outside Barnsley £1.99 a pint on all Beers ! 

With family in Barnsley a repeat next year for last away game of the season is my dream. Probably end up being Ipswich now.

Archived