Richard Keogh value

2 minutes ago, David said:

No, I'm just wondering how much his 15 games for Ireland played a part in your valuation. 

I'm in danger of looking anti Irish in this thread which isn't the case, I have 0.01% Irish blood I believe, Grandads Dad think it it was, that makes me eligible to Captain them as well.

Just trying to drag you down with me basically.

Well my mates, sisters aunt is Irish and I've spoke to her about your views on Ireland and she is offended, you big racist fecker ya (in the best Father Ted voice)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

No, I'm just wondering how much his 15 games for Ireland played a part in your valuation. 

I'm in danger of looking anti Irish in this thread which isn't the case, I have 0.01% Irish blood I believe, Grandads Dad think it it was, that makes me eligible to Captain them as well.

Just trying to drag you down with me basically.

If I'm honest, it didn't play a massive part in it. Stephen Ward (the Burnley left-back) has played nearly 50 times for ROI. Similar age to Keogh I believe. Not sure I'd want to pay more than £1-2m for him. Horses for courses though.

I've been very 'Team Keogh' over the last few years. Think he gets a raw deal from some of our fanbase and I think his performances, and the things he offers going forward at times, merits a lot more praise. But if the club are starting a "new chapter" (again) as Mel Morris suggested at the fans forum, then I think moving onto a new captain, and a new core at the heart of defence, would be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I've been very 'Team Keogh' over the last few years. Think he gets a raw deal from some of our fanbase and I think his performances, and the things he offers going forward at times, merits a lot more praise. But if the club are starting a "new chapter" (again) as Mel Morris suggested at the fans forum, then I think moving onto a new captain, and a new core at the heart of defence, would be a good idea.

I'm also in the Keogh fan club, I think a lot of the dislike has come from Wembley if people were honest with themselves. 

Over 200 games for the club, player of the year twice and more important players player of the year twice.

In fact he's picked up the award at all 4 clubs he has permanently been at and played. 

Some fluke. 

In terms of valuation £3m sounds about right, having recently signed a new contract. I'm not sure Rowett will be that keen to sell though.

2 hours ago, metalsheep02 said:

Agreed. An established international for the team ranked 26th in the world. 

Shackell?

I don't post too often, but felt compelled to at the worst argument i think i've seen on this forum (and there are some bad ones!)

You can't just say, "Shackell?" as if to ask who Shackell has played for on an international level. His nationality/eligibility dictates that. It's not his fault he hasn't played for Ireland when he isn't Irish. So to currently be an established international he would need to be better than a host of English Premier League top 6 defenders, who overrated/under-performing they may be, are still levels above that which Keogh could only dream about. 

In the seasons before re-joining us, Jason Shackell was playing for a Championship winning side, playing 46 games and then playing 38 games in the Premier League, at this time if he had a Great Uncle O'Shackell he'd of been Ireland's first name on the sheet and Keogh probably wouldn't of been near the squad.

Just saying.

16 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

I don't post too often, but felt compelled to at the worst argument i think i've seen on this forum (and there are some bad ones!)

You can't just say, "Shackell?" as if to ask who Shackell has played for on an international level. His nationality/eligibility dictates that. It's not his fault he hasn't played for Ireland when he isn't Irish. So to currently be an established international he would need to be better than a host of English Premier League top 6 defenders, who overrated/under-performing they may be, are still levels above that which Keogh could only dream about. 

In the seasons before re-joining us, Jason Shackell was playing for a Championship winning side, playing 46 games and then playing 38 games in the Premier League, at this time if he had a Great Uncle O'Shackell he'd of been Ireland's first name on the sheet and Keogh probably wouldn't of been near the squad.

Just saying.

Shackell isn't even the first name on our team sheet and Keogh is generally in it when fit.

26 minutes ago, Sidd10 said:

:huh:

To clarify.

In your previous post you assert that had Shackell have been eligible to play for RoI then Keogh wouldn't have been anywhere near the Irish squad. Shackell is eligible for Derby but has been selected 8 times this season by 3 different managers, Keogh 50 times.

There is a further consideration that Keogh has a preference for the right sided CB position and Shackell the left side.

We've got the 6th best defence in the championship.

its not that easy to find better defenders who we could sign.

Totally depends on style of football and how we defend.

Playing from the back and a high-line? He's an absoloute necessity. 

High-line? His pace would be a necessity but his ball-playing would be a nice bonus. Vice-Versa if defending deep but playing it out. 

Defending deep, heading and kicking it? Get rid. 

And thus his value would depend on how crucial he is to our plans.

Shackell isn't even the first name on our team sheet and Keogh is generally in it when fit.

Like it or not this is very true.

Wether that's the correct decision or not is another matter.

If Keogh is fit he always plays?

To clarify.

In your previous post you assert that had Shackell have been eligible to play for RoI then Keogh wouldn't have been anywhere near the Irish squad. Shackell is eligible for Derby but has been selected 8 times this season by 3 different managers, Keogh 50 times.

There is a further consideration that Keogh has a preference for the right sided CB position and Shackell the left side.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39395319

:pinch:

Archived