Richard Keogh value

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

What criteria would you suggest?

Current contract, age, league, position, is the player in your plans or unwanted, then you stick all that into a pot and pull a number out your bottom.

Dont get me wrong being a full international at a top country will help increase value but Ireland are not that. Wasn't long ago Conor Sammon was a regular in their squad. 

FIFA rankings are a horrendous way showing the top countries, as of now Chile are 4th and Columbia 5th.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Current contract, age, league, position, is the player in your plans or unwanted, then you stick all that into a pot and pull a number out your bottom.

Dont get me wrong being a full international at a top country will help increase value but Ireland are not that. Wasn't long ago Conor Sammon was a regular in their squad. 

FIFA rankings are a horrendous way showing the top countries, as of now Chile are 4th and Columbia 5th.

So when one of players gets an international call we shouldn't really bother getting excited about that unless it is for England, France, Germany, Argentina or Brazil - is that what you are suggesting?

I accept all the factors you suggest are relevant. Richard Keogh is an established international who has captained his country are you suggesting that should not also impact?

If the FIFA rankings  are a horrendous way of showing the top countries I will ask again, what criteria would you suggest?

2 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

So when one of players gets an international call we shouldn't really bother getting excited about that unless it is for England, France, Germany, Argentina or Brazil - is that what you are suggesting?

I accept all the factors you suggest are relevant. Richard Keogh is an established international who has captained his country are you suggesting that should not also impact?

If the FIFA rankings  are a horrendous way of showing the top countries I will ask again, what criteria would you suggest?

Where did I say that they shouldn't be bothered? We're talking about Keogh's valuation and what I am saying is playing for Ireland won't effect his valuation.

He's almost a 31 year old Championship defender, comparing him to Flint is pointless.

We have no idea if Rowett even wants to sell which also effects the valuation.

Top countries are easy to spot, they have squads of players that compete at the top level. 

Germany, France, Italy England, Argentina, Brazil, squads full of players in playing at the top level, Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and the Champions League.

Ireland have a squad full of Championship players, a couple of friendlies which Keogh has captained. Coleman is the captain.

10 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Think thats a bit harsh.ROI have out performed England and Keogh has been a mainstay of the squad.

He was immense v Germany.

Not harsh at all, they have only played in 3 European Championships and World Cups.

Ireland also went out in the same round as us so I don't see how they outperformed us

7 minutes ago, David said:

How much without 15 games for Ireland?

Are you thinking £3m is too much or too little, mate? I'm just thinking about his age. We payed similar for Jason Shackell after he had a fantastic season in the Premier League, albeit as part of a relegated Burnley side. 

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Are you thinking £3m is too much or too little, mate? I'm just thinking about his age. We payed similar for Jason Shackell after he had a fantastic season in the Premier League, albeit as part of a relegated Burnley side. 

No, I'm just wondering how much his 15 games for Ireland played a part in your valuation. 

I'm in danger of looking anti Irish in this thread which isn't the case, I have 0.01% Irish blood I believe, Grandads Dad think it it was, that makes me eligible to Captain them as well.

Just trying to drag you down with me basically.

Archived