Richard Keogh value

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or there have been no bids for Keogh and therefore he is worthless.

QED.

It is possible there has been interest/enquiries that hasn't been made public, club contacts agent, sorry players happy or they won't sell, no bid made.

As far as we are aware there hasn't been any bids made for Hughes which went public despite rumours of interest in the media, same as Keogh. 

Any clues there? Nope. Just that it's a flawed argument as we are not privy to that kind of information.

7 minutes ago, David said:

Any clues there? Nope. Just that it's a flawed argument as we are not privy to that kind of information.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well how many bids have Barca turned down for Messi? That should tell you his value apparently

It's as good a way of GUESSING as any. Isn't that the topic of the thread.  Or are you just being @rsey because someone holds a different view.

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It's as good a way of GUESSING as any. Isn't that the topic of the thread.  Or are you just being @rsey because someone holds a different view.

Not being arsey.

Just pointing out that your logic was stupid.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not being arsey.

Just pointing out that your logic was stupid.

It wasn't logic it was an off the cuff comment, you know the type you get on forums all the time?! Get off your high horse too.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have we turned down any bids for him? There's a clue to his value.

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-make-good-deal-offers-richard-keogh/story-22844521-detail/story.html

STEVE McClaren says Derby County have put “very good” contract offers on the table for skipper Richard Keogh and key striker Chris Martin.

Keogh is in the final year of his contract and Martin, who hit 25 goals last season, has another year plus a 12-month option on his deal.

McClaren is hopeful both will sign new deals but the head coach – without mentioning names of individuals – admitted Derby had received inquiries for some of their players.

Reports are linking Keogh with newly-promoted Burnley, a club who showed interest in the Republic of Ireland international defender earlier this summer.

If any  senior player who gets an offer to play in the Prem, then we should let them go.

no point farting about arguing over fees too much.

do the deal and rebuild

If we are to sell Keogh then he's worth £3m in my view. That said hope we don't, no defender in the league does is as good at bringing ball out from the back and passing. He's brave has the right character and also has pace. It would cost a lot more to replace him. He shouldn't be captain but could be an important part of the team.

That said, I trust Gary to do what's necessary to move us forward. There could be players leave who have been considered favourites.

I got pelters on another thread for suggesting we sell Ince. He's had a brilliant season, without him we'd be in the bottom half, but he's our most saleable asset, if a prem team came in he'd probably want to go, and deep down when the going gets tough, I'm still not convinced in his character (he was a disgrace at Brentford). But if he wants to stay and Gary can get another 15 goal season out of him while ensuring balance elsewhere, id be all for him staying.

Whatever happens, In Gary I trust. 

30 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As was my reply...

I could tell.

As for the OP I reckon we could get a goodly amount for Keogh, he's worth what another club will pay for him - perhaps we should find the agent who got such a good deal for Blackman and sell using him!

On 5/12/2017 at 09:39, David said:

Where did I say that they shouldn't be bothered? We're talking about Keogh's valuation and what I am saying is playing for Ireland won't effect his valuation.

He's almost a 31 year old Championship defender, comparing him to Flint is pointless.

We have no idea if Rowett even wants to sell which also effects the valuation.

Top countries are easy to spot, they have squads of players that compete at the top level. 

Germany, France, Italy England, Argentina, Brazil, squads full of players in playing at the top level, Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and the Champions League.

Ireland have a squad full of Championship players, a couple of friendlies which Keogh has captained. Coleman is the captain.

most definitely affected the Hendrick fee. He was not a 12m player until the euros... 

If Flint is being talked about at £5m and people are pitching Keogh's value at around £3m then that surely means that the people who want us to get Flint would be happy to see us paying £2m + Keogh in p/x?!

Flint worth £2m MORE than Keogh?! Seriously?! Do me a favour.

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

most definitely affected the Hendrick fee. He was not a 12m player until the euros... 

Wasn't it £10m?

We have no way of knowing if it increased his value or not to be honest, I'm sure it put him in the spotlight though and the fee isn't that outrageous when you see other players on the move, he was a young midfielder, play offs twice in 3 seasons. Brady similar age went to Burnley for £12m the same summer, both played 4 games at the Euros. Brady moved from Norwich to Hull for £9m before the Euros, £3m increase in 2 seasons, Euros or not? 

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I could tell.

As for the OP I reckon we could get a goodly amount for Keogh, he's worth what another club will pay for him - perhaps we should find the agent who got such a good deal for Blackman and sell using him!

Apparently Mel's just sacked him!!!!

On 12 May 2017 at 09:28, coneheadjohn said:

Think thats a bit harsh.ROI have out performed England and Keogh has been a mainstay of the squad.

He was immense v Germany.

I remember watching Northern Ireland in an international in Spain in 1970.

They had a couple of minnows upfront.

Derek Dougan and George er.... Best.

Wouldn't have harmed their transfer value playing for a lowly rated international team.

Anyway Keogh is way more valuable to the Rams than in a different set-up so hands off say I!?

On 13 May 2017 at 14:26, David said:

Wasn't it £10m?

We have no way of knowing if it increased his value or not to be honest, I'm sure it put him in the spotlight though and the fee isn't that outrageous when you see other players on the move, he was a young midfielder, play offs twice in 3 seasons. Brady similar age went to Burnley for £12m the same summer, both played 4 games at the Euros. Brady moved from Norwich to Hull for £9m before the Euros, £3m increase in 2 seasons, Euros or not? 

I'm just going on what people on here were quoting for him both before and after the euros. The values we gave him changed drastically.

Archived