Richard Keogh value

With rumours of Aden 'who' Flint being linked with us and Derby rumoured to be leading the race for his services at 5 million pound it got me thinking about Keogh.

If Flint is worth 5 million, just how much is Keogh worth in today's market? He is a full international, has captained Republic of Ireland and played at the euros, has played for Derby at the top end of the championship for a number of years making the playoffs twice, once at Wembley.

Say what you like about Keogh, but if Rowett was to sell Keogh, he has got to be worth way more than Aden Flint.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

With rumours of Aden 'who' Flint being linked with us and Derby rumoured to be leading the race for his services at 5 million pound it got me thinking about Keogh.

If Flint is worth 5 million, just how much is Keogh worth in today's market? He is a full international, has captained Republic of Ireland and played at the euros, has played for Derby at the top end of the championship for a number of years making the playoffs twice, once at Wembley.

Say what you like about Keogh, but if Rowett was to sell Keogh, he has got to be worth way more than Aden Flint.

Agreed, but isn't part of the fee paid for potential and what can be gained for the future?

As a few teams are looking at him then someone must see something in him worth investing 5m

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Don't forget the myriad of POTY awards he has won here and at other clubs.  I would expect that managers/fans at other clubs (admittedly who may not have seen as much of him as we have) would put a greater value on him than a lot of our fans would.  But you're right, in the crazy world of modern football economics - subject to his age - you would expect a fair old whack for a player of Keogh's calibre - even if his CV might read better than his actual ability...

I like him, by the way, but I've heard that he has always got a mistake in him :ph34r:

We signed Shackell just before transfer fees became crazyily inflated. So in today's market Shackell would go for a higher fee.

I agree with the age (I hadn't realised Keogh was 30), that could have a factor, but Newcastle paid 4 million for a much aged striker from Ipswich, whose name evades me.

I would expect at least 3 million for Keogh.

I hope this is not true, Flint is not a patch on Mr Keogh, you know with Mr Keogh you will get him over the whole season, great injury record, can play the ball out from the back, reads the game well, and gives tears and blood for the course, and we should be building the defence round Mr Keogh not getting rid of him, has never had a bad season since he has been here, a top, top player and person. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We signed Shackell just before transfer fees became crazyily inflated. So in today's market Shackell would go for a higher fee.

I agree with the age (I hadn't realised Keogh was 30), that could have a factor, but Newcastle paid 4 million for a much aged striker from Ipswich, whose name evades me.

I would expect at least 3 million for Keogh.

Daryl Murphy.

They also paid £5.5 million for Grant Hanley. Younger than Keogh but (to my mind) not as effective. Hanley played a grand total of 7 games in 2016/17.

It's very interesting that we are in for this flint guy ,,,, if we are prepared to pay 5 mill for him? Then he is obviously seen as a starter , so is it keough to go ? Is it three at the back ? What does flint bring that our other 3 main centre halves don't because on paper we do have 3 very decent centre halves for this level ? Got a sneaky feeling that we may see a three of shacks , keough and flint at the back with shacks as the elder statesman calming captain figure ( really dictated by does shacks have the right attitude which I'm by no means certain of ) 

9 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I hope this is not true, Flint is not a patch on Mr Keogh, you know with Mr Keogh you will get him over the whole season, great injury record, can play the ball out from the back, reads the game well, and gives tears and blood for the course, and we should be building the defence round Mr Keogh not getting rid of him, has never had a bad season since he has been here, a top, top player and person. 

Well, rather than start a new thread lets change this up.

Who would be happy if we sold Keogh or Pearce and signed Flint as replacement.

My view - Keogh no, Pearce possibly depending on fee for Flint (£5 million is ridiculous).

Archived