Derby County Best Discipline Record Championship 2017

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this is something to be happy about or not.

If it shows that we are a team that doesn't harass the officials then that is good.

If we are not getting yellow cards because our players are being too soft then that is bad.

My guess is that most of our points were racked up rash Johnson challenges, niggly little fouls by Hughes tackling from the wrong side or Pearce just generally manhandling opponents. 

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If it shows that we are a team that doesn't harass the officials then that is good.

If we are not getting yellow cards because our players are being too soft then that is bad.

My guess is that most of our points were racked up rash Johnson challenges, niggly little fouls by Hughes tackling from the wrong side or Pearce just generally manhandling opponents. 

You forgot to mention Keogh. He's to blame for everything isn't he?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't worry we will be back to big numbers next season when Martin gets booked every other match for falling on his arse at every opportunity or moaning to the ref about it. 

45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll be honest, I actually think his discipline is the worst in the team but refrained from mentioning it!

The worst offender is our very own Will Hughes, with a remarkable 10 yellow cards. Followed by:

Bradley Johnson - 9 yellows and 1 red

Craig Bryson - 7 yellows

Tom Ince - 7 yellows

Jacob Butterfield - 5 yellows and 1 red

Cyrus Christie - 4 yellows

Richard Keogh - 4 yellows

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Don't worry we will be back to big numbers next season when Martin gets booked every other match for falling on his arse at every opportunity or moaning to the ref about it. 

Martin got a grand total of 5 yellow cards last season. Doesn't strike me as being a lot.

12 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

The worst offender is our very own Will Hughes, with a remarkable 10 yellow cards. Followed by:

Bradley Johnson - 9 yellows and 1 red

Craig Bryson - 7 yellows

Tom Ince - 7 yellows

Jacob Butterfield - 5 yellows and 1 red

Cyrus Christie - 4 yellows

Richard Keogh - 4 yellows

I was more on about reactions to officials but yes Hughes is not much better in that respect either

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I suppose this is good news, although there have been times this season when I have thought "just take him out" and we've chosen to do the gentlemanly thing and let them score instead. 

:unsure:

The same with fouls, there's a few times we could have had  fouls/penalties but we chose to keep going and (usually) put it in row Z. A fair few yellows this year would have been given for simulation, something I can't say derby have really used this year. 

Archived