Signed: Andre Wisdom 4 year deal

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

To everyone saying what's another £1 million - the answer is £1 Million or lets put this another way:

£2 Million is 10% of our yearly income. That's a heck of a lot of money. I can't remember the exact losses allowed on FFP over three years but we will be pretty close. That therefore needs taking into consideration...

Unfortunately past history, whilst most people now recognise it as being a mistake has given people the image we can just splash the cash. We can't and shouldn't. We need to try and settle at the best price and one which Rowett is prepared to pay. If the answer to that is £2 Million then fine, pay it but if its not, don't just bid it for the sake of it.

If we get him, that's two players we have committed to with the cash I assume going out (although most transfers have stage payments) from July onwards. We haven't sold anyone yet (Publicly that we know off) and I read the other day that we have 30 plus pro's on the books already.

But bear in mind current players value for ffp drop year on year for the duration of their contracts, Vydra and Anya will have a book value of £3m less than last year, Johnson, Butterfield, Ince, Shackell etc will now be less than half what we paid so ffp is nowhere near as close to the wire as the past few seasons.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

h

2m is an absolute bargain...

4m is a good deal

5-6m is pushing it

And 7-8m is in their favour!

Get him signed up for 2m at all costs!!

Let me ask, would you rather 2.5m for Blackman or 2m for Wisdom?

4m for Butterfield or 4m for Wisdom?

6m for Johnson or 6m for Wisdom??

I know who I'd take every time...

Don't forget he's still pretty young. Also covers effectively at CB, I think him working with Baird would also only improve him game! Would be very happy with this signing. Good in the air too...

Am I the only one who thinks he could come in at CB? I think he prefers CB, the position he will play may be more of a deciding factor than money.

Keogh out, Wisdom in?

Then if we sell Christie we get a replacement, Yiadom previously linked.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Am I the only one who thinks he could come in at CB? I think he prefers CB, the position he will play may be more of a deciding factor than money  

Did always think he looked like a centre back playing at right back. Very well, may I add!

9 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Am I the only one who thinks he could come in at CB? I think he prefers CB, the position he will play may be more of a deciding factor than money.

Keogh out, Wisdom in?

Potentially. Although I've never seen him play at CB to be honest. So will reserve judgement until then. 

But one thing is for sure. Him and Brayford are the best right backs we've had at the club in the last 10-15 years. 

Wisdom was absolutely brilliant for us in the season he played. 

19 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Keogh out, Wisdom in?

Played centre-half during most of his time at RB Salzburg, but presume he's coming in to play right-back.

Wisdom - Keogh - Davies - Forsyth

Looks good enough for promotion on paper. 

1 hour ago, Rample said:

But bear in mind current players value for ffp drop year on year for the duration of their contracts, Vydra and Anya will have a book value of £3m less than last year, Johnson, Butterfield, Ince, Shackell etc will now be less than half what we paid so ffp is nowhere near as close to the wire as the past few seasons.

The book values of players have nothing to do with FFP,only their wages and the total amortisation count against it.Also,you can no longer say that the book value of a player will be £x less,because since 15/16 the treatment of intangible assets has changed and players' contracts have now been given residual values,which means they are being amortised down to the RV,rather than zero.If you don't know the RV,then you don't know the amortisation,and hence the fall in book value. 

5 minutes ago, ramblur said:

The book values of players have nothing to do with FFP,only their wages and the total amortisation count against it.Also,you can no longer say that the book value of a player will be £x less,because since 15/16 the treatment of intangible assets has changed and players' contracts have now been given residual values,which means they are being amortised down to the RV,rather than zero.If you don't know the RV,then you don't know the amortisation,and hence the fall in book value. 

Quarter past five

3 minutes ago, archied said:

Quarter past five

Is that the new way of saying 'what was all that about?' Could have saved myself a lot of keying -quarter past five,Rample.:D

12 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Is that the new way of saying 'what was all that about?' Could have saved myself a lot of keying -quarter past five,Rample.:D

?

26 minutes ago, Painter10 said:

Is wisdom even that good.. ? 

To be fair i really rated him the season he was here proper defender big and strong. Also think with him on the right wegot the best out of fozzy. When he went forward wisdom stayed back making it a back three he was one of our best loans in recent times 

2 hours ago, ramblur said:

This is why accountants can charge a kings ransom for their services :lol:

Archived