Scott Carson - DCFC Supporters Club POTY

cosmic

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet (it was announced last night). Have to say, I know it's not the big one, but I was somewhat surprised given the fans poll on here has us favouring Ince with almost 60% of the vote. 

Not that our poll results should take anything away from the achievement. Congratulations Scott Carson! Well deserved.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on him, well deserved.

Plus I love his repeated attempts to make the "sleeps on park benches" look fashionable.

A bit surprised Ince didn't get it as well, but I can't knock him.

.....and who would have thought he'd get this at the moment he punched the ball into his own net vs Ipswitch under "he wicked which of the west"

I think Carson getting POTY highlights how poor this season has been.

I have ripped my hair out at the number of times Carson has but us under pressure by woeful distribution/decisions this season. I actually thought during West Brom away that he had been on the sauce before the game he was that bad.

His pass to Ince against Brum was exceptional so rough with the smooth.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think Carson getting POTY highlights how poor this season has been.

I have ripped my hair out at the number of times Carson has but us under pressure by woeful distribution/decisions this season. I actually thought during West Brom away that he had been on the sauce before the game he was that bad.

His pass to Ince against Brum was exceptional so rough with the smooth.

I was at WBA, I only remember him giving the ball away (extremely stupidly) once right at the start of the game, only for Keogh to make an unbelievable clearance off the line. I'm struggling to think of when he's had me pulling my hair out at all, if I'm being honest, he's been the most consistent player by a mile.

To say it highlights how poor our season has been is massively unfair too.

If anything it highlights the period this season where we set the club record for most consecutive clean sheets at home? When we had Johnson playing in front of Pearce and Keogh, we had arguably the best defence in the league. It fell apart when McClaren tried to get us back to playing flowing football with de Sart instead of Johnson.

Since Pearson left, our form has gone up and down a lot, but basically been lower play-off's form. We've also had some really big performances like wins at home to teams above us in the league like Leeds, Wednesday, Fulham and Reading, not to mention our cup run where beat a top 10 PL outfit away from home and it took the Champions of England 210 minutes to knock us out.

Carson hasn't been the only decent performer either. 

Ince has been phenomenal for us but some fans still don't like him for some reason

Bent's grabbed a load of goals in a team that hasn't been the best at attacking but he gives it back to the fans so no one's voted for him

Baird's been vital for us but he told the fans to **** off over a year ago so he hasn't got the votes

Johnson has completely turned his Derby career around by being a key part of our best run and formidable defence, but he "disrespected the fans" by throwing his shirt on the floor so he didn't get voted for either.

I'm as fed up with this season and how it's gone as everyone else is, but let's not take away what has been a very good season from Scott Carson.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Is it only me who thinks the supporters club has made a massive Mistake?

Ince, Ince will tear you apart again!

Probably not but they got it spot on. Fully deserved. Hopefully picks up the main award as well.

Archived