Being Rich

1of4

After members of the Labour shadow cabinet said someone is rich if they earn over £70,000.

How much would members on here want to earn before feeling they were rich.  I'd be happy with £1,000 a week to feel rich.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

After members of the Labour shadow cabinet said someone is rich if they earn over £70,000.

How much would members on here want to earn before feeling they were rich.  I'd be happy with £1,000 a week to feel rich.

I'd be happy with that and no mortgage.

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Will you be paying, or have I got to pay you? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, True Ram said:

It would take me 5 years to earn that sort of money. What planet are our so called politicians on

From what I heard, Labour suggested that there could be tax rises for the rich and they suggested around 70k for this figure. Around 5% of the country earn over 70k, which means this policy would benefit most the country in terms of the tax they pay.

This will be attacked by the tories and media as "70k does not make someone rich". Indeed, how could you afford an expensive house in the south east, 3-4 holidays a year and school fees on such a minute wage.

Sun and Mail readers will be told how terrible this is even though pretty much none of their readers will ever earn this amount. The tories despise tax increases supposedly on idelogical grounds but because them and all their friends are either rich or filthy rich.

10 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

As daft as it sounds the more you earn , the more you spend . I've got friends who earn a lot more than I do , but they've got no more to show it. Just tend to waste more.

Very true. We've got friends who earn a lot more than us but they've got maxed out credit cards & take out new mortgages to pay for holidays and cars , which is utterly stupid.

To be rich IMO you've got to be able to pretty much do and buy what you like without having to think about the effect on your bank balance.

6 figures is probably 'wealthy' but 'rich' is much more than that I feel. Like people have said, the more you earn, the more you spend.

Human beings as a species are never satisfied. You could have the moon on a stick and not be satisfied. It's when they lose it all that they realise. 

8 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Between me and the missus we may earn that...but with a mortgage, kids, two cars, petrol etc etc we are NOT rich!

That about sums it up,that's where we're at.

We're skint out of choice.

Mortgage,3 spoilt kids,2 big dogs etc etc,

I think if we took home 1500 to £2000 a week we would consider ourselves rich.

38 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

That about sums it up,that's where we're at.

We're skint out of choice.

Mortgage,3 spoilt kids,2 big dogs etc etc,

I think if we took home 1500 to £2000 a week we would consider ourselves rich.

And you'd still spend it all . Not personally, in general.

Archived