Jack Stamps Player of the Year

Posh Ram

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Balls! Carson has been incredible recent weeks, Ince has done nothing since around mcClarens bad run started.

59 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Done nothing? Oh right. 

Newcastle away had a great chance to score and could have done with right foot but understand why he went for left foot though. 

Bristol City home scored a goal and won a penalty. 

Cardiff home assisted for Darren Bent goal and also delivered a decent corner for our first goal (De Sart goal and yes it was rebound but I counted that as Ince corner anyway) 

Burton home had a few chances to score and it didn't pay off though. 

Villa away he was only player that looked like a real threat 

Blackburn away had a few chances to score and didn't pay it off though. 

Apparently he done nothing in Mac bad runs. Righto. 

37 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Newcastle away had a great chance to score and could have done with right foot but understand why he went for left foot though. 

Bristol City home scored a goal and won a penalty. 

Cardiff home assisted for Darren Bent goal and also delivered a decent corner for our first goal (De Sart goal and yes it was rebound but I counted that as Ince corner anyway) 

Burton home had a few chances to score and it didn't pay off though. 

Villa away he was only player that looked like a real threat 

Blackburn away had a few chances to score and didn't pay it off though. 

Apparently he done nothing in Mac bad runs. Righto. 

If you're ever offered a job as defense counsel, don't take it.

3 minutes ago, unclej said:

I cant believe Paul allowed his son Tom to become so one footed. You can easily get youngsters playing with both feet in very little time. Its limited him enormously.

I don't think if a player can use both feet or not matters so much against overall ability. I don't think it's limited Tom in any way, he's a great championship player I think with potential to do well in a mid table PL side. 

Having no right foot hasn't stopped Messi, but he's on his own level above most other players in terms of ability. 

51 minutes ago, unclej said:

I cant believe Paul allowed his son Tom to become so one footed. You can easily get youngsters playing with both feet in very little time. Its limited him enormously.

Totally agree. And you can add Hughes into that. If both could use their right foot to greater effect they'd both be much better players because their ability everywhere else is outstanding. 

16 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Balls! Carson has been incredible recent weeks, Ince has done nothing since around mcClarens bad run started.

You didn't go to Birmingham away a couple of weeks ago then? Only got the last minute winner...

On 21/04/2017 at 08:04, mrdave85 said:

I don't think if a player can use both feet or not matters so much against overall ability. I don't think it's limited Tom in any way, he's a great championship player I think with potential to do well in a mid table PL side. 

Having no right foot hasn't stopped Messi, but he's on his own level above most other players in terms of ability. 

It makes him easier to defend. Watch his natural inclination to come inside and try and curl the ball into the top left hand corner. He is predictable and defenders love that and actually show him inside now.  They even allow him to run across the face of the box, knowing any potential outcome will likely be in their favour.  He is too old to learn to play with both feet.

All the kids in our family are two footed. :D

On 21/04/2017 at 08:49, VulcanRam said:

Totally agree. And you can add Hughes into that. If both could use their right foot to greater effect they'd both be much better players because their ability everywhere else is outstanding. 

Its even more obvious with Hughes. Being only left footed limits him tremendously.

PistoldPete2

Surprised at Carson winning.  Done little wrong I spose but quite a number of games the oppo has won or drawn with their only shot of the game. 

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Surprised at Carson winning.  Done little wrong I spose but quite a number of games the oppo has won or drawn with their only shot of the game. 

I think it shows the general apathy us fans have this season for him to get it, most of the time he wouldnt have got close, he himself hasnt been that consistent, a number of goals you think he should have got down to, mistakes from him which hes been resuced from by the defence.

Hes done ok, and probably the best of a bad bunch.

7 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

When people vote for this award, form over the last 6 to 10 games seems to have more weight than form over the entire season.

I agree with this. Ince's form has taken a dip under Rowett but for the rest of the season he has easily been the best player for me.

I'm still pleased for Carson though as he has been very consistent. Him and the woodwork - heroes at times!

Just a thought about Max Lowe winning young player. He's clearly very talented but has played very little football over the season because of injuries.  Who else is there, though? A bit of a reality check that our academy investment has yet to start paying dividends. (Or is it reluctance to try some of these players?)

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree with this. Ince's form has taken a dip under Rowett but for the rest of the season he has easily been the best player for me.

I'm still pleased for Carson though as he has been very consistent. Him and the woodwork - heroes at times!

Just a thought about Max Lowe winning young player. He's clearly very talented but has played very little football over the season because of injuries.  Who else is there, though? A bit of a reality check that our academy investment has yet to start paying dividends. (Or is it reluctance to try some of these players?)

It did pay a £10.5m dividend when we sold Hendrick.

Archived