Sheffield Wednesday v Derby County

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

I love fair play, remember Robbie fowler trying to tell the ref he hadn't been Fowled by seaman, but ref ignored him and awarded penalty anyway

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, dcfcfan1 said:

How did we actually play ?

Did we get dominated all game or were we unlucky not to get a point?

Match stats suggest we were unlucky , and so do those who have seen the game/ highlights. But I think conceding 2 goals shortly after going ahead is down to the fact that our defence just isn't good enough , and that's something Rowett will need to sort in the Summer as a priority.

Well I called it 2-1 Wendy in the predictions...

You could argue we should've made it 2-0 but this team just ain't got it in 'em unfortunately.

Soon as we went 1-0 you knew it was only a matter of time.

Our first defeat in 17 against Wendy apparently!

Says it all about this current team.

Well done Will for not going down. I hate this 'He touched me therefore I'm entitled to go down' nonsense we have to put up with.

But he was fouled during that run. Maybe not deliberately or in an overly aggressive way, but he was fouled. And therefore it should have been a penalty. Trouble is that referees won't give penalties unless players collapse in a heap/fall over.

Chickens and eggs. Players and referees reap what they sow.

3 hours ago, Stimacked said:

. I bet some fans are turning against him already. 

Yes .. one fan who had been at the game phoned in to R Derby and was predicting Rowett hadn't the ability to sort things , based on his substitutions today !!!

PistoldPete2

Seen the highlights now... Poor defending for both goals, really is time we sorted out this defence.  Our away form has been truly abysmal all season and especially recently. A hell of a lot of work for rowettt to do in the summer... We ain't scoring enough goals either. 

Archived