Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Whilst I agree on the best for CM If you think fulham can't catch us take a look at the current form table they have taken four more points than us .We really haven't had a wobble for a while and I expect us to have one albeit minor, before the end of the season .

They could catch us have no doubt about that .

I agree they can catch us. I doubt very much it will be with us in 2 nd. If they catch us, we would have dropped down somewhat from here. 

6 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I agree they can catch us. I doubt very much it will be with us in 2 nd. If they catch us, we would have dropped down somewhat from here. 

Totally agree, too many teams between us and them so like you say if they catch us then teams like Villa & Cardiff will already been clear of us. I think we should let him go to whoever wants him and whoever he wants, with the exception of Villa, Cardiff & Bristol City.

6 hours ago, Mistaram said:

Archied.  Derby can't force a move as you put it on Martin .  He is on a contract for another two and a half years He holds all the cards its up to him what he does You could say by not playing him you are forcing his hand but I don't see it that way The only way to get him out would be that he doesn't suffer financially and that would be very costly 

What I’m trying to say ( bit clumsily) is that I don’t think derby would refuse to let him join a rival but only a team not doing well in the championship if Martin really want away to get first team football

Really hope for Martin that it’s fulham permanent ,,,,, if a Martin inspired Fulham beat us and the other clubs between us into second place then it will be a massive collapse from us and I’m willing to bet villa,Bristol ,Cardiff would take second ,,, if we don’t get second and drop into the play offs and a Martin inspired Fulham get play offs he can’t play against us if it’s a loan , if it’s permanent move then so be it ,it’s the right thing to do to let him move ,,,, the smart move we really want to push is a loan till end of season that becomes permanent in close season with all paperwork sealed and in place 

15 minutes ago, archied said:

Really hope for Martin that it’s fulham permanent ,,,,, if a Martin inspired Fulham beat us and the other clubs between us into second place then it will be a massive collapse from us and I’m willing to bet villa,Bristol ,Cardiff would take second ,,, if we don’t get second and drop into the play offs and a Martin inspired Fulham get play offs he can’t play against us if it’s a loan , if it’s permanent move then so be it ,it’s the right thing to do to let him move ,,,, the smart move we really want to push is a loan till end of season that becomes permanent in close season with all paperwork sealed and in place 

Read this 4 times and my brain is hurting. Martin goes to Fulham and you're willing to bet that Fulham and 3 other clubs will finish second!?! I'll bet you everything I own that doesn't happen. 

1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Read this 4 times and my brain is hurting. Martin goes to Fulham and you're willing to bet that Fulham and 3 other clubs will finish second!?! I'll bet you everything I own that doesn't happen. 

No wonder you brain is hurting ,your reading it wrong jist is don’t give a stuff if he goes Fulham ,for them to beat us into second spot will be a collapse on our part and if that collapse happens I very very much doubt it will be Fulham overtaking Cardiff villa and Bristol to take second spot ,,,, hope that explains ,,,, be a sad state of affairs if we missed out on strengthening our team in case a player we don’t want and could finance it made a team 8 points behind us better than they are 

Martin was in a Fulham side that got to the play offs last season, he's been in a Derby side that got to the play off final, the play off semis and missed out on the last day, for the last 4/5 years he's been at the top 6 of the league so you can't blame him for not wanting to leave for a side down at the bottom! 

1 minute ago, irobinson said:

God its like  watching CM of late - this thread - I always say to myself at the match , God sake Martin do something 

and here I am saying ‘God sake Martin do

something!!!!

He is doing something. Earning 20 grand a week, give or take 10 grand, depending on who you believe. Why do you expect him to do anything other than wait for something that suits him and his family. Would you leave such a contact? 

1 minute ago, Doodle said:

He is doing something. Earning 20 grand a week, give or take 10 grand, depending on who you believe. Why do you expect him to do anything other than wait for something that suits him and his family. Would you leave such a contact? 

He ain’t playing any football!!!

Archived