Chris Martin - joined Reading on loan until the end of the season

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ha ha ha. you totally missed the point - not the brightest bulb are you? - it was to show the similarity to how Martin wins freekicks. But in this case I thought Jerome overdid it!

As opposed to the subtle nuance of a trademark Martin belly flop?

He went down less dramatically than Martin would enough but you could have been ******* Tom Daley and you should have still got that penalty.

How was Jerome at fault in the slightest for winning a penalty.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

He went down less dramatically than Martin would enough but you could have been ******* Tom Daley and you should have still got that penalty.

I think CamJam won and then lost the peno...... sort of a ‘ defeat out of the jaws of victory’  sort of thing....

W now have players, including Jerome who the opposition do not want to play against because they are so strong. Days of being bullied by big defenders have gone and not before time.

Fantastic interview by Curtis Davies. He exudes confidence, knowledge and commitment.

Did 10% of Derby fans know he would be this good? Not me. Glad to be proved completely wrong.

Curtis....What a guy!!!

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

Errrr...he didn't did he?

More on this..... Nixon saying we want an 18 month loan deal rather than till end of the season;

"Derby striker Martin, 29, is another target but the rams want Sunderland to take him on loan for 18 months rather than just half a season"

As strange as it gets, we must be after a hefty fee for that to be true, as his value could be next to nothing in 18 months.

26 minutes ago, Sat Atwal said:

More on this..... Nixon saying we want an 18 month loan deal rather than till end of the season;

"Derby striker Martin, 29, is another target but the rams want Sunderland to take him on loan for 18 months rather than just half a season"

As strange as it gets, we must be after a hefty fee for that to be true, as his value could be next to nothing in 18 months.

This doesn't seem to correlate with the Coleman interview from yesterday. He said the deal was agreed between clubs and it was now up to the player. I suspect if that is the case then perhaps it is an 18 month loan agreed by the clubs but CM knows that puts him at risk of playing in League 1 next season. And he can't go disrupt a second loan spell to suit his own needs.  Perhaps the Sunderland win yesterday will give him a bit of confidence. Maybe the deal could have a clause that he comes back if they go down. Or he's waiting for another club to come in for him before he makes a decision. I can see this running all week. Lawrence and Ledley could add an interesting dynamic due to their relationship with Coleman. 

*all pure speculation. Just trying to make sense of the rumours. 

35 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

This doesn't seem to correlate with the Coleman interview from yesterday. He said the deal was agreed between clubs and it was now up to the player. I suspect if that is the case then perhaps it is an 18 month loan agreed by the clubs but CM knows that puts him at risk of playing in League 1 next season. And he can't go disrupt a second loan spell to suit his own needs.  Perhaps the Sunderland win yesterday will give him a bit of confidence. Maybe the deal could have a clause that he comes back if they go down. Or he's waiting for another club to come in for him before he makes a decision. I can see this running all week. Lawrence and Ledley could add an interesting dynamic due to their relationship with Coleman. 

*all pure speculation. Just trying to make sense of the rumours. 

Yeah it all seems strange. I'm just quoting what he has put in today's paper buddy. 

2 hours ago, Sat Atwal said:

And what did we pay for him ?

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

18 months to sunderland?

this just gets worse from Chris's point of view.

TELL THEM WHERE TO SHOVE IT CHRIS!

I accept Chairman Short is an arse, but Sunderland are a good club, they have a tremendous fanbase, and a good young Manager in Coleman. Why, if Martin is so good, wouldn’t he back himself to become a hero up there by being a catalyst for moving them in the right direction again?  18 months might suit him too - at least you can make more solid plans for housing, schooling, etc., on that period of time.

Not saying it is a good or right move for him, but how would either of us know that?  

Might sound harsh, but l am not particularly interested in the transaction from Martin’s perspective.  I would like a win/win, but the club takes precedence for me over any player.

Archived