How much are Derby players worth?

Ellafella

A players worth and what a club are willing to spend are two different things.

Will Hughes on current form is worth no more than 6/7million....but his reputation, age and potential would see us get 12-15 mil (anyone expecting 20 mil odd for Will needs to lay of the Crystal Meth).

Ince on current form and in the current market is 8-9 million, a bidding war could see us get 12 million with add ons.

Players like Bent, Baird, Roos and Mitchell are never going to command much of a fee, if anything.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson - 2 mill

Mitchell - 750k

Roos - Free

Baird - Free

Christie - 1-2 mill

Olsson - 1-2 mill

Lowe - 1-2 mill

Keogh - 3 mill

Shackell - 1 mill 

Pearce - 1-2 mill 

Rawson - 250k

Hanson - 500k

Johnson - 2-3 mill

Butterfield - -2-4 mill

Hughes - 7-9 mill

Bryson - 1-2 mill

Russell - 3 mill

Ince - 8-10 mill

Camara - 1-2 mill

Anya - 2-3 mill

Vydra - 3-5 mill

Nugent - 1 mill

Bent - free

Martin - 4-6 mill

Taken into consideration form, age and contract status. I don't think we will get much more for the players Listed.

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I'll do my own :D

Derby County 16/17 Squad Value

Scott Carson - £3m 

Jonathan Mitchell - £1.5m

Kelle Roos - £1.5m

Cyrus Christie - If he renews his contract - £5m - If he doesn't - £2m This summer!

Chris Baird - £1m If he gets another contract

Richard Keogh - £7m 

Alex Pearce - £4m

Jason Shackell - £2.5m

Farend Rawson - £2m

Max Lowe - £5m

Marcus Olsson - £4m

Craig Forsyth - £3m

George Thorne - £5m

Will Hughes - £10m

Bradley Johnson - £6m

Jacob Butterfield - £4m

Craig Bryson - £3m

Tom Ince - £15m

Matej Vydra - £6m

Ikechi Anya - £3m

Johnny Russell - £4m

Abdoul Camara - £2m

Darren Bent - £2m

David Nugent - £4m

Nick Blackman - £3m

Loan Players

Chris Martin - £12m

Andreas Weimann - £4m

Think I've covered everyone. These values are all based around the current state of transfer values and how much we could get for some of the players listed. Not taking into consideration their contract situations or anything unless stated.

Your valuations far exceed what others clubs would pay.

So no one would be leaving the club on your watch i take it.

Every single player on the list is overpriced except Will Hughes who would comfortably fetch in excess of 10. But who cares unless you're Sam Rush trying to impress us with our huge list of club "assets." Problem is assets are liabilities if you can't ever sell them.

2 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I'd go for the values I've replaced yours with... I couldn't agree with most - far too high. I went with what 'could' I realistically see another side paying for them. 

Your valuations, Ilson,  in my opinion are the most realistic of those given so far - very fair indeed

Just splitting hairs, but would think that the £4m for Lowe looks a tad  optimistic and personally would be a little harsh on blackman to think that a £1 bid for him would do the job. Would be interested to hear your thinking . I would put both at £1m. Max L is unproven and worryingly injury prone. Nick B would be a solid buy from someone for £1m in the current market.

Other than that, very sound judgement, impressed 

32 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Every single player on the list is overpriced except Will Hughes who would comfortably fetch in excess of 10. But who cares unless you're Sam Rush trying to impress us with our huge list of club "assets." Problem is assets are liabilities if you can't ever sell them.

Can't argue, for once.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Your valuations far exceed what others clubs would pay.

So no one would be leaving the club on your watch i take it.

You can never be sure what fees we might get. I wouldn't have dreamed that we'd receive £10m for Hendrick.

43 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Your valuations, Ilson,  in my opinion are the most realistic of those given so far - very fair indeed

Just splitting hairs, but would think that the £4m for Lowe looks a tad  optimistic and personally would be a little harsh on blackman to think that a £1 bid for him would do the job. Would be interested to hear your thinking . I would put both at £1m. Max L is unproven and worryingly injury prone. Nick B would be a solid buy from someone for £1m in the current market.

Other than that, very sound judgement, impressed 

My friend is a scout and so knowing what I know about how Lowe is perceived I could see a team making that sort of bid for him. Brilliant left backs are very rare. He's already better than olsson and he's got the quality (according to my scout friend) to go all the way. 

Honestly with Blackman? I have nothing against him but because of the wages I'm assuming he's on I'd wager that we'd have to give up any fee for him for someone to take on his salary. 

5 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I'll do my own :D

Derby County 16/17 Squad Value

Scott Carson - £3m 

Jonathan Mitchell - £1.5m

Kelle Roos - £1.5m

Cyrus Christie - If he renews his contract - £5m - If he doesn't - £2m This summer!

Chris Baird - £1m If he gets another contract

Richard Keogh - £7m 

Alex Pearce - £4m

Jason Shackell - £2.5m

Farend Rawson - £2m

Max Lowe - £5m

Marcus Olsson - £4m

Craig Forsyth - £3m

George Thorne - £5m

Will Hughes - £10m

Bradley Johnson - £6m

Jacob Butterfield - £4m

Craig Bryson - £3m

Tom Ince - £15m

Matej Vydra - £6m

Ikechi Anya - £3m

Johnny Russell - £4m

Abdoul Camara - £2m

Darren Bent - £2m

David Nugent - £4m

Nick Blackman - £3m

Loan Players

Chris Martin - £12m

Andreas Weimann - £4m

Think I've covered everyone. These values are all based around the current state of transfer values and how much we could get for some of the players listed. Not taking into consideration their contract situations or anything unless stated.

That's 120 million plus pounds worth of squad... hope they are all insured. If you could sell those players for 120 odd million you could sell coal to Newcastle and I mean don't Andy. 

In reality it depends on much more than just slapping a figure plucked out of the air on a player. Demand such as Derby and Butterfield saga can send a price spiralling way out of control and a team paying ridiculously over the odds for a player.

As has been mentioned, the valuation of a player could differ greatly between his parent club and what another club is willing to pay. If we're going on quality, nobody is worth more than £8m and I include Hughes in that. If he was French, there wouldn't be talk of an eight-figure fee that's for sure.

But the English market and desperation from some clubs see players go for silly amounts.

Considering we spent over £30m in fees on Butterfield, Johnson, Anya, Vydra, Camara, Weimann and Blackman combined is mindboggling. We wouldn't get half of that back now.

Archived