Brentford v Derby County

Mafiabob

4-0

I think this will probably tell Rowett a lot about what he needs to do over the summer.

I a way, I'm glad - this echoes some other posters - He now knows a bit about how this good looking squad can throw in some completely weak performances for no apparent reason. Mac couldn't sort it (twice) Clement couldn't sort it, Pearson never even got a sniff of the good side and DazWaz only got any joy when the players decided to.....

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, do they really think its acceptable to just stop playing and feel sorry for themselves when the going gets tough? I understand motivation is hard to come by when you're being battered but we aren't asking for them to run a marathon, just hang on for 10 minutes and limit the damage.

Responding like this shows a serious lack of dignity and self-respect. These players really do not believe in their abilities. Definitely more than a few players that need a fresh start elsewhere. Will do us good, and themselves. 

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

4-0

I think this will probably tell Rowett a lot about what he needs to do over the summer.

I a way, I'm glad - this echoes some other posters - He now knows a bit about how this good looking squad can throw in some completely weak performances for no apparent reason. Mac couldn't sort it (twice) Clement couldn't sort it, Pearson never even got a sniff of the good side and DazWaz only got any joy when the players decided to.....

Careful! I got in trouble for saying similar when Brum equalised!

2 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Keogh. Wow. 

Come on Dyychee, utter brilliance from Jota. Torres did that to Vidic a few years back, does that make the latter a poor defender? Of course not. 

Credit where credit is due, they've got some good players and have put us to the sword. Should have been 6 or 7. Fair play Brentford, absolutely nothing to play for and produce a performance like that... hats off. 

3 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

So Mac wasn't the issue then 

Well rowett made the same mistake playing the wrong formation and players in the wrong positions. Winning and getting used to 4231 nudge and Vydra doing well then changes it and been no threat since.

maybe the players think oh dear here we go again with the 433 that hasn't worked for most of the season

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

So Mac wasn't the issue then 

Yeah, granted I know what you're saying. But Mac only came back because we were sticking to this attacking football Derby Way thing. That seems to have changed now, and Mel decided to try something different. Mac represented the "old way". The old way wasn't the answer. Rowett is the new way. That'll take time to see if it's the answer. 

How awful, very very poor all goals poor to concede and Keogh just let Jota run round him as easy as ever, very disappointing, well at least Rowett will of seen that players like Russell and others aren't good enough 

PistoldPete2

What the f#####?

oh dear hasn't taken long for Rowett to lose his magic touch. Sending on bent is the last throw of the dice, and clearly didn't work this time. Have been Impressed with rowett's use of subs before but obviously not this time.

inces late goal v brum was maybe papering over the cracks... The fact is our away performances have been rubbish all season , and Rowett can't change that overnight. 

Archived