Forsyth before the end of the season?

Leicester Ram

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice to see him but would rather not risk it and get him a full preseason ready for August, players always pick up niggly injuries when returning so last thing we want is him missing some preseason.  Possibly for him mentally it would be nice to get some game time before the end of the season. 

1 minute ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I prefer Olsson (and potentially Lowe) to Forsyth and wonder if people are looking at him through rose tinted spectacles because he has been out so long.

Or perhaps you've forgotten how good Fozzie can be because we've not seen him for so long? Olsson isn't a Championship defender, let alone one for the Prem! Lowe might be as might Fozzie.

Just now, Bridgford Ram said:

I prefer Olsson (and potentially Lowe) to Forsyth and wonder if people are looking at him through rose tinted spectacles because he has been out so long.  I guess this will be an unpopular view.

You are not the only person not to rate Forsyth as highly as Olson.

For me Forsyth was a key reason why we made Wembley. If you watch that season fully, Forsyth played killer ball after killer ball into the box, usually with Martin on the end of.

What held him back was the signing of Christie, whereas when we had wisdom and Forsyth was allowed to bomb forward, Maclaren in his infinite wisdom told Forsyth to sit and defend and Christie to bomb forward and cross....resulting in two ineffective full backs.

If we kept Baird at right back, fozzy would be back???

10 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

One of the best things that Foz will bring back is height. Olsson is so easily beat in the air cause he's about 5 ft nowt.

According to most records I have seen Olsson is 5' 11"

Agree though when jumps he is about 5 foot tall and seems to shrink.

Archived