Forsyth before the end of the season?

Leicester Ram

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The only championship player I remember beating Fozzy was Adomah. I love that he isn't rash and doesn't commit to a tackle, he likes to jockey a lot. A sign of a smart player

To be fair, Olsson jockeys a lot. The difference is that he lets the cross get into the box.

7 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Forsyth is a brilliant left back, full stop. After all the pain we endured with Pearson playing people out of position I can't believe people are even contemplating playing Forsyth in a different position. Square pegs for square holes, please.

When fit, he's easily our first choice LB. 

But we did sign him as a left midfielder and he isn't bad cover for there.

Sooner rather than later, Max Lowe will overtake him in LB quality. If he can stay fit. I can see why people are having the discussion. As of right now though, he's our best LB and should be played there.

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

The only championship player I remember beating Fozzy was Adomah. I love that he isn't rash and doesn't commit to a tackle, he likes to jockey a lot. A sign of a smart player

Matt Phillips also gave him a tough time when Mac first took over, but that is pretty much it.

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Its easier to pass short than long Dimmu. Don't want any hoofing! Don't get me wrong I love long passes but got to be accurate.

Yep. But sometimes it just doesn't look to be case with Forsyth!

Looking forward to his return;

carson

baird, Keogh, Shackell, forsyth

thorne, hughes

ince, Martin, russell

nugent

subs

christie

lowe

butterfield

johnson

vydra

not too much to change there apart from maybe a new left wing - perhaps anya may work better with fozzie.

quite a bit of trimming to do when you consider the names not making the bench though.

5 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Looking forward to his return;

carson

baird, Keogh, Shackell, forsyth

thorne, hughes

ince, Martin, russell

nugent

subs

christie

lowe

butterfield

johnson

vydra

not too much to change there apart from maybe a new left wing - perhaps anya may work better with fozzie.

quite a bit of trimming to do when you consider the names not making the bench though.

Personally, I wouldn't have Shackell in that team, and I'd swap Martin and Nugent's position, and then to me it looks a good team. I'd try sign a new centre half, and agree that possibly a new winger to compete with Russell.

I can see that logic. Personally I like an out and out defender at CB next to a ball player. I think Shackell is the best defending CB at the club, and with Hughes and Thorne in front - and the height of the full backs - think that looks a formidable defence. As for Martin and Nugent - I just think this suits their game more. Martin likes to drop to link the play, and Nuge likes to press the defence - no reason they couldn't rotate during different phases of play though.

with the exception of wing (would love Sakho here) I think all the wheeling dealing needs to be getting shot of players and finding the right back up for positions (such as DM for example)

Archived