The Daily Commute - What do you listen to?

Mostyn6

With all the options available nowadays, DAB Radio, Podcasts, Streaming Sites, as well as CD, Cassettes and 8-tracks, and on a variety of devices, combined with a mixture of mode of transport, what do you listen to on your daily commute?

At the moment, I am listening to The Christian O'Connell show on Absolute Radio (very funny) on the way to work, and then I alternate on the way home. Sometimes, KISStory, sometimes the music I have on a flash memory plugged into my car stereo.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have FM of course due to being on Phone Radio. I usually listen to Capital FM.

I hate the constant ads and most of the talking only a few songs get played if I'm lucky before I get to work. Any suggestions for upto date music with not much Adverts etc? I was thinking BBC Radio 1 or something but no doubt they'd have multiple adverts and talking as well.. Arghhh.

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

I only have FM of course due to being on Phone Radio. I usually listen to Capital FM.

I hate the constant ads and most of the talking only a few songs get played if I'm lucky before I get to work. Any suggestions for upto date music with not much Adverts etc? I was thinking BBC Radio 1 or something but no doubt they'd have multiple adverts and talking as well.. Arghhh.

If you have a smartphone and you're comfortable with streaming (ie lots of data) - Absolute's app is ace, can flick between the different stations, and there's fewer adverts if you sign up for a free account.

Otherwise, their FM station is decent, but reception can be patchy in Derby

Talksport mainly. 

My commute is an 8 hour one twice a week, I can listen to the top 40, a round of classic older tunes on MFR 2 before they start to be played again and 3 different shows on TS before I get home. 

TS can be tripe sometimes but they have the odd good debate now and again. Big fan of sport so why not, it's the best show out there bar podcasts. 

Audio books are my new thing, currently listening to one a week which surpasses my Audible subscription! 

4 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If you have a smartphone and you're comfortable with streaming (ie lots of data) - Absolute's app is ace, can flick between the different stations, and there's fewer adverts if you sign up for a free account.

Otherwise, their FM station is decent, but reception can be patchy in Derby

Only got 2GB at the moment a month and a lot of that is on Mobile Games. Is Talksport on FM guess I could give that a go! Always like listening to other peoples opinions but can imagine it being Premiership mostly (Would still be an upgrade with what I'm currently listening to though!).

10 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

Radio two

I'm a radio 2 man by and large due to my dislike of adverts but I'd be interested in your thoughts on Chris Evans.

He has turned into an arselick to me the way he fawns over his guests and the BBC. Then there's the almost daily love in with Mary Berry, it's getting that I can't bare his show these days. :(

5 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'm a radio 2 man by and large due to my dislike of adverts but I'd be interested in your thoughts on Chris Evans.

He has turned into an arselick to me the way he fawns over his guests and the BBC. Then there's the almost daily love in with Mary Berry, it's getting that I can't bare his show these days. :(

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, was happy when I heard Sara Cox this week.

Sometimes he gets too much, think that is why he seems to be off every six weeks, so he can unwind.

Archived