The Daily Commute - What do you listen to?

Mostyn6

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an hour each way commute so I get through so many podcasts per week. Currently listening to

Football Ramble

Football Weekly

Quickly Kevin will he score - Excellent 90's football

Frank Skinner show

No such thing as a fish

The magic sponge

The cycling podcast

The unused Substitue

and always a classic.....

Desert Island disc archives...

Keeps me entertained and if I ever run out then I flick back to Audible and "read" a book..

This is of course with the exception of Friday afternoon when I always make a point of driving home with the stereo on nice and loud listening to The Cure, The Smiths, The Wedding Present and The Housemartins..... happiness.

On the way Talk Sport, quite like Alan Brazil. On the way back Talk sport until I want to jump into the radio and drag Adrian Durham out of the studio to give him a shoe-in, at this point I turn over to Absolute. 

14 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Radio x in the mornings  (Chris Moyles) and radio 1 on the way home (Greg James).

I hate radio ads but I cannot bear Dick Grimshaw. 

I listen to the Chris Moyles podcast, avoid the ads and hear the funny bits (no music mind)

The Football Ramble always tops my list- their conversations hit the the right amount of funny/serious content, plus they do a good job covering all sorts of football-related events/oddities/funny stories etc from all the various leagues. Also they update at least 2-3x a week and I really enjoy that theyve stepped up their Acast material as well (hour long interviews with people like Jamie Carragher, Howard Webb, David Jones, Andrew Jennings)

Football Daily (5 live) and Football Weekly (guardian) also my go-tos

not to mention the DCFCfans podcast of course  :thumbsup:  @David when is the next episode?!

I love all sorts of music genres and I usually just go for anything Ive stored in my itunes over the years.   But as far as podcasts go, my favourite discovery is Deeper Shades of House- run by Lars Behrenroth (I think he is German but a lot of his work is focused in South Africa). The quality of music he manages to unearth for a 2 hour episode every single week for the past 10+years is very impressive. If you are in search of new artists and tracks within that genre the pod's worth a listen!

I've got 2 USB sticks in the car, one loaded with Northern soul and the other loaded with hundreds of tunes from the 50's right up to now. I'll be driving up to Dundee next week and can get there and back without listening to the same song twice, something I can't do with the radio on.

PistoldPete2
On 5 April 2017 at 16:17, McRamFan said:

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, was happy when I heard Sara Cox this week.

Sometimes he gets too much, think that is why he seems to be off every six weeks, so he can unwind.

I prefer Sara cox to chris Evans. I just about put up with him, but his intro takes about 10 minutes , we get the Beatles saying good morning 5 times, then wake up song, then someone saying welcome to planet earth, then the banana splits, then etc etc. 

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I prefer Sara cox to chris Evans. I just about put up with him, but his intro takes about 10 minutes , we get the Beatles saying good morning 5 times, then wake up song, then someone saying welcome to planet earth, then the banana splits, then etc etc. 

I disliked him, liked him, disliked him, liked him, tolerate him.  Sometimes its brilliant, only sometimes. I know I love marmite, not sure on Evans.

Archived