Vydra

Jimbo Ram

1 minute ago, kingsy1884 said:

Haha and Vydra has 2 goals this season as a striker. He looks half arsed every time he plays and cost over 10 times more than Russell.

Vydra won't be here next season. 

So who's going to buy him though? Why don't you change the record and open your eyes 

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Yeah but both of them? Would have been vastly unlucky to get two defensive injuries, especially with Anya on the bench who can also cover fullback

True but whatever reason Mac doesn't think he's worthy of a place at the moment. I'm not anti Vydra by any means. I'd love him to come good but frustratingly it ain't happening at the moment. As we alluded to yesterday, I think his best chance is when CM returns. CMs clever link play could just be the key to unlocking the obvious talent that lies within him.

11 minutes ago, Topram said:

A good player who has no assist and 1 goal stop living in the 13/14 season and open your eyes, yes he can defend but he's a winger not a defender! 

Where are you living with your evaluation of Vydra! ROFL!

Russell had a good game today, him and Lowe looked a good selection.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

True but whatever reason Mac doesn't think he's worthy of a place at the moment. I'm not anti Vydra by any means. I'd love him to come good but frustratingly it ain't happening at the moment. As we alluded to yesterday, I think his best chance is when CM returns. CMs clever link play could just be the key to unlocking the obvious talent that lies within him.

Indeed, that much is clear, however it is just bizzare to me that we have a player who's played like he's done in the past in this division not even in the squad when were playing so poorly. If we were playing alright I could understand it, but looking from the outside it just doesn't seem right. Of course he may not be trying hard enough in training, or something else has happened outside that we just don't know about however 

1 minute ago, Topram said:

So who's going to buy him though? Why don't you change the record and open your eyes 

You sound like a broken record.

I am sure there is one team stupid enough to buy him. We were.  The likes of Fulham and anyone coming down next season or even someone foreign.

He is likely to be behind at least Martin, Nugent maybe Bent and another striker i.e. ollie watkins next season.

Steve mac doesn't rate him at all time to try and cash in.

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

As an investment I would like to see Vydra play the last ten games, surely costing £8m it is not doing him or the club much good when selling him on.

Or we just go down the 'he's not been signed by this manager' line and leave him out. Rather see Mason tbh.

I think it's too soon to count out Vydra.

Look at Alex Pearce 12 months ago.

Even if McClaren has decided Vydra is not for him, with there being no loan system in operation, surely it's counter-productive to hang him out to dry completely?

He's not going to get any potential suitors' attention, sitting at home watching the Emmerdale omnibus.   

Bennett over Vydra? It's a cruel joke.

On 24/02/2017 at 18:13, Ram79 said:

Watford played him he scored with the exception of reading he wasnt actually getting a chance elsewhere. Check out the number of appearances he had for previous teams.

To be fair when I started a different Vydra thread I looked at his stats. 2 good scoring seasons, that's it. Not played as many games, not scored as many goals but his ratio doesn't stack up.

Now that the seasons seems to be drifting along to an early mid table end I think we should use it as a chance to try and play Vydra into some form or mold him into a winger in our 4-3-3 system.

I don't see any of the other wingers besides Ince having a long term future here and with the money we've spent on Vydra surely we can use this game time to try and make something of him, the guy obviously has talent.

Archived