Gary Rowett Live Press Conference 2:30pm, Facebook etc

Inverurie Ram

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Where was Uncle Mel anyway, doesn't he usually sit in on the new manager press conferences?

I think purposely taking a backseat after the torrent of abuse on social media from Derby County fans - shame on you, you lot.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

I think purposely taking a backseat after the torrent of abuse on social media from Derby County fans - shame on you, you lot.

More like, good for us.

8 minutes ago, Gypsy Ram said:

His managerial appointments have been poor but beyond that, what he has done for the club is fantastic.

To see some of the comments made by our fanbase is an absolute embarrassment.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

His managerial appointments have been poor but beyond that, what he has done for the club is fantastic.

I think people on here have been generally funny and witty with their searing of Chairman Mel - and deservedly so. It's just those ****** who figured out how to register a profile on twitter that are an embarrassment. And those on the FB page!

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The abuse is totally wrong. But discussing where the club are now as opposed to when he took over is perfectly valid.

We're back to being saddled with a load of overpaid, under-performing mercenaries. Mel has to take some of the blame for that. Like a parent feeding his kids sweeties and chips instead of vegetables and fruit Derby's player diet has been fed by Mel, and right now it's clear we need to lose weight!

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

The abuse is totally wrong. But discussing where the club are now as opposed to when he took over is perfectly valid.

We're back to being saddled with a load of overpaid, under-performing mercenaries. Mel has to take some of the blame for that. Like a parent feeding his kids sweeties and chips instead of vegetables and fruit Derby's player diet has been fed by Mel, and right now it's clear we need to lose weight!

Could populate a whole series of Celebrity Fat Island with our squad.

44 minutes ago, ramit said:

Mel has upgraded the training facilities and academy, an investment in the future.  Made mistakes, sure, but that stands out for me and i can forgive him most oversights on account of it

I bet Burnley wish they had such great facilities? Gotta put these things in perspective. Nice to have, not essential.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

I bet Burnley wish they had such great facilities? Gotta put these things in perspective. Nice to have, not essential.

Spot on. With huge TV revenues and free transfer markets you don't need top academy facilities  to produce a winning team.

Wonder if that might change tho if Brexit means that free labour movement is restricted in future.

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Almost essential I would say- money may dry up if they go down - they may get relegated and need to rely on home grown talent to play or to sell on as assets - no guarantee parachute money/ TV money will be sky high for ever. 

Plus, what good young 16/17 years old would want to come to Derby if there weren't top facilities on offer. They would choose other clubs. 

21 minutes ago, Davide said:

Plus, what good young 16/17 years old would want to come to Derby if there weren't top facilities on offer. They would choose other clubs. 

What like ones in the Prem. Yeah I get the point of the Academy and the nice new pitch etc, it's just errr you know we'd still get players in even if they hadn't been titivated. Lets hope the U23s stay up though.

Young players choose clubs according to what's on offer including money, opportunity and facilities. It isn't just a nice pitch.... it's also staff get to use latest technology, can analyse players in training in detail. Derby academy is attractive for new staff - top coaches and sports scientists etc. It will guarantee a future for the club and already more players have started coming through the system in recent years. 

It's also about getting talented players in and beating rivals for their signature. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Of course healthy debate is good.

Telling the owner to f**k off and take his money with him and telling him he is a c**t  who has ruined OUR?!?! club, I do not see that as healthy debate. 

I enjoyed listening to Gary Rowett, at the press conference, plus all the other Rams TV interviews, and I'm sure the players and everyone connected to the club will do to.

A real breathe of fresh air, and I for one don't care about GR's previous statistics at other clubs, win ratio's and all that b@llocks, I'm just going to enjoy the grass is greener days ahead, as I'm sure quality results will come, to a quality guy that will put quality into our football club, with the trust and honest working relationships he will produce inside, outside and around the club.

I'm interested in today and tomorrow, not yesterday, and for the stattos on here you can keep your possession percentages also, as it's about managing games accordingly to the opposition you face, to get the best result you can and that will produce a better position than 10th in the league in March, April, May and beyond when it matters.

19 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Perhaps he simply doesn't feel the need to always wear a stupid grin on his face to try and prove to Derby fans on the internet he is happy all the time.

Perhaps Jacob Butterfield has stolen his smile.

Archived