Gary Rowett Live Press Conference 2:30pm, Facebook etc

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

The abuse is totally wrong. But discussing where the club are now as opposed to when he took over is perfectly valid.

We're back to being saddled with a load of overpaid, under-performing mercenaries. Mel has to take some of the blame for that. Like a parent feeding his kids sweeties and chips instead of vegetables and fruit Derby's player diet has been fed by Mel, and right now it's clear we need to lose weight!

I agree has to shoulder some blame.  

Im a huge Mel Morris fan - what he's doing with media coverage, his kindness and convictions, his emphasis on youth, his focus on a vision, plus his fearlessness in wielding the axe and not being a wuss are reasons I like him. 

However, one strength - his eagerness to support each manager - has bitten him in the backside. There was no way that Butterfield Anya and a lot of others (even Nugent) were consistent with our vision and I like Vydra but 8m + for his services was embarrassing. And you don't sanction the Martin move then back track and offer the guy a new contract because Mcclaren wanted to return us to familiar ground. The aggregate is this hodge podge of bloated ego and bloated salary players we now have. It's fine to support the manager but the players must be young hungry and the right value. Pretty much all of us are itching to see Zanzala Elsnick Lowe and other Academy players play. Yet these mediocre acquisitions do nothing but block the first teammates path of younger better players 

support Rowett yes but if he wants to go get some 32 year old failed premier league centre back or washed up forward, then tell him no , don't  sanction it. 

With regards to Butterfield (& Johnson), Mel did say they were brought in because of the injuries to Hughes & Bryson - they had to spend that £10m "just to stand still" as he put it.
The rest I have to agree with.

I think we did over-pay though.

Archived