Why rowett now?

archied

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have to own up to being totally at a loss as to the best way forward for Derby at this point,, was 50/50 on macs return but my gut feeling is he is not the man for us but nobody really excites me , I would like us to start trying to get the basics right again though

Before you start vvanking crazy over Rowett then go on a little digging.

He's no stranger to bad runs, hammerings and hoofball. Or leaving for bigger clubs. 

None of you would settle for his record at Burton or Birmingham at Derby. 

He'll be out on his arse too before long. Then you'll all have another crystal ball champion

Just now, Alpha said:

Before you start vvanking crazy over Rowett then go on a little digging.

He's no stranger to bad runs, hammerings and hoofball. Or leaving for bigger clubs. 

None of you would settle for his record at Burton or Birmingham at Derby. 

He'll be out on his arse too before long. Then you'll all have another crystal ball champion

And Mel will hire him too. He does it every time.

Justify Clement, Pearson and Mac 2 all you want as good/bad decisions but I feel all were made because Mel thinks that's what the fans want.

Messiah complex. 

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

And Mel will hire him too. He does it every time.

Justify Clement, Pearson and Mac 2 all you want as good/bad decisions but I feel all were made because Mel thinks that's what the fans want.

Messiah complex. 

I agree. 

See, fans look at the overall picture of managers time at other clubs but don't do that when they're at Derby.

Like Rowett... his win percentage at his last 2 clubs are both below Mac's this season. But it's generally accepted that he did a great job at both Burton and Brum. 

David Wagner. A coach I would have liked before we appointed Pearson. Great job at Huddersfield. If he was linked with Derby we'd all be creaming ourselves. But he's had a couple of bad runs. He's had hard times. He's had batterings. But the overall picture is a great one. 

Rowett's record isn't so spectacular. Neither was his football. But his overall record shows he improved teams.

Which is exactly what McClaren's overall record shows. He took us from midtable to a genuine contender for promotion. He took us from the bottom to the middle.

People don't judge it fairly. 

I mean they were even rewarding Nigel Pearson the credit for starting the run that won the PL. Have a look at who they beat in those last 9 games. Have a look at the way Leicester played under Pearson and then under Ranieri. It was different. 

But people always take a look at the big picture with other clubs. Never with their own. 

And Mel Morris is a fan. Am I right that in the official statement he referenced the performance on Friday?

Whoever comes in, whoever, will give us a performance like Friday. We will get battered. We will look hopeless. Even if they do an amazing job it will still happen. If it happens to Barcelona then it happens to everyone. 

Everyone has bad runs. Everyone.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Why do we always have to go with the obvious candidates?

We should go with the person we think is most likely to attract good players. 

Our reputation as bottlers will test the persuasive skills of manager and general manager alike.

If Mel Morris knows what he wants from a manager then he should be searching high and low for the guy who has done it at least once. Who has actually gone into a club and done whatever it is Mel wants from scratch. 

Not somebody who's walked into a club and carried on the good work. That's not where we are.

Not somebody who's never done anything like what he wants but has been successful using other methods.

Somebody who has delivered.

From what we know of Mel Morris he wants entertaining football. He wants young players breaking through the ranks and he wants it fast.

This rules Gary Rowett out.

But if you're going to sack someone for the nitty gritty instead of looking at the big picture of where they are at, then just hire anyone. They'll be sacked by Christmas

Laudrup delivered at Swansea, got them their first piece of silverware, played some decent stuff as well but I suppose our recruitment team might have to do some research on him as he'd be a new name to them.

Rowett ? Easy and lazy option for me. hope he does well mind because if he does well, the club does well but I'd like to go on record as saying he wouldn't be my choice.

The writing was not on the wall on Friday but on last Tuesday. The bizarre - if not inept substitutions, created the death warrant only to be printed on the Friday and signed today.

Not in the defence of McClaren, of which his re-appointment was naïve, I have not made a comment on this forum since Pearson was brought in, although I have watched and held my breath. Both decisions lacked sense, although many on here would agree otherwise.

Not wishing to say I told you so, but my comments at the time around the sacking of Clement, showed that our leader had megalomaniacal tendencies to say the least; for fear of any litigation I have not stated who I refer to - that is up to you to assume. Suffice to say that my comments way back when was welcome to "Groundhog day", this type of scenario will repeat itself endlessly.

My season ticket will not though, until I see a long term vision for the club.

In hindsight we should have given Clough the money and sacked the useless CEO, who doesn't appear to make a contribution nowadays.

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If Mel Morris knows what he wants from a manager then he should be searching high and low for the guy who has done it at least once. Who has actually gone into a club and done whatever it is Mel wants from scratch. 

Not somebody who's walked into a club and carried on the good work. That's not where we are.

Not somebody who's never done anything like what he wants but has been successful using other methods.

Somebody who has delivered.

From what we know of Mel Morris he wants entertaining football. He wants young players breaking through the ranks and he wants it fast.

This rules Gary Rowett out.

But if you're going to sack someone for the nitty gritty instead of looking at the big picture of where they are at, then just hire anyone. They'll be sacked by Christmas

It wouldn't make any difference anyway.

Where we are and where Mel seemingly thinks we are are miles apart.

This needs rebuilding not coaching.

I'd rather have Clough than Clement with where we're at now.

Can't we please just bring in a manager who is actually going to play the nice football we all want. Rowett will probably get us results but let's be honest we all know how this will end up in about a years time (if that). I know Mel's intentions are good but will he ever learn?

Archived