Why rowett now?

archied

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look outside 'the usual suspects' Hudders did, Hull did... the usual suspects dont work.

I like EHRs suggestion - Michael Laudrup, but does Mels scouting network look that far ? I think not, judging by their record of the last few years

6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Who would be your choice McLovin ?

I suggested Paco Jemez before Pearson came in. He is a mixture of McClaren and David Wagner in terms of how he gets his teams to play but our board have probably never heard of him and I don't think our players are intelligent enough to carry out his instructions. Maybe Mark Warburton?

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

I suggested Paco Jemez before Pearson came in. He is a mixture of McClaren and David Wagner in terms of how he gets his teams to play but our board have probably never heard of him and I don't think our players are intelligent enough to carry out his instructions. Maybe Mark Warburton?

Just interested into your insight, I had to Google him to be fair so can't really comment. I like Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham, plays good possesion football both at Fulham then at Watford  ( most unfortunate sacking ever) but I imagine the cost may put Mel off . Plus I doubt he'd want to come

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Just interested into your insight, I had to Google him to be fair so can't really comment. I like Slavisa Jokanovic at Fulham, plays good possesion football both at Fulham then at Watford  ( most unfortunate sacking ever) but I imagine the cost may put Mel off . Plus I doubt he'd want to come

And he's a knob...

Think outside the box, Birmingham never set the world alight, not sure rowett has any serious clout, maybe Lampard or steve gerrard otherwise it's the same old names... we need inspiration not an ex derby average right back. Stimac would still be an inspired choice.. our signings haven't been insperational either, dead wood unlike some other clubs. 

13 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

He did well at Birmingham with limited resources, just like Wagner has done at Huddersfield. With Mel's backing both would be good appointments and make us into a cohesive unit. We are an embarrassment at the moment and as much as I like Steve, planning has already started for next season and I'm afraid he is going to be on his bike.

He also shares something else in common with Wagner - a huge appreciation for Jorgen Klopp. That's a plus in my book.

8 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Think Rowett has gone from being massively underrated to being a tad overrated.

His story is really yet to be written as we will be his biggest challenge but with the better resources at his disposal.  We will learn about his motivation versus Forest assuming he's in place. 

Seeing a few Forest fans posting on Twitter they are very upset that we sacked mcclaren and prob got Rowett. Ha!

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

It's embarrassing to people who became fans shortly before the 13/14 play off final.

Having gone a whole season with just one win, people must have short memories if they class this as embarrassing.

Of course its embarrassing. We are becoming a joke.

unfortunately good guys get caught under the wheels as Mel blindly steam-rollers his way around.

• eric steele
  • paul simpson
  • inigo idiakez
  • chris powell

Roy Mac ought to think long and hard about whether to continue to be seen to be sat at Mel's side.

time for one of our greatest heroes to decide whether he would have liked to have been treated like these guys.

time to quit as a club embassador?

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Of course its embarrassing. We are becoming a joke.

unfortunately good guys get caught under the wheels as Mel blindly steam-rollers his way around.

• eric steele
  • paul simpson
  • inigo idiakez
  • chris powell

Roy Mac ought to think long and hard about whether to continue to be seen to be sat at Mel's side.

time for one of our greatest heroes to decide whether he would have liked to have been treated like these guys.

time to quit as a club embassador?

Well the fans need to make their mind up I'm afraid. If they are going to go all hysterical every time we lose a few matches then they shouldn't be surprised if the Chairman gets nervous and fires the manager.

As for Roy Mac, he has already been sacked by DCFC before.

Maybe the best thing, would be for Rowett to listen to what MM has to say, then tell him in no uncertain terms to stuff his job until he gets rid of those individuals who he misguidedly listens to, the ones are undermining the football club. 

Archived