Why rowett now?

archied

Well here's a reason , he may not be the sexy long term dream in some people's view ( though may well be even better than some think) but he is very capable of getting the basics right in terms of making his teams solid and building a hard working team ethic and spirit in the same way Nigel  was good at and we really need to get back to that starting point to build from again as it's clear we are totally lost now and have destroyed what clough built rather than build on it ,,, get rowett in now 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, archied said:

Well here's a reason , he may not be the sexy long term dream in some people's view ( though may well be even better than some think) but he is very capable of getting the basics right in terms of making his teams solid and building a hard working team ethic and spirit in the same way Nigel  was good at and we really need to get back to that starting point to build from again as it's clear we are totally lost now and have destroyed what clough built rather than build on it ,,, get rowett in now 

Try saying all that without taking a breath.

He did well at Birmingham with limited resources, just like Wagner has done at Huddersfield. With Mel's backing both would be good appointments and make us into a cohesive unit. We are an embarrassment at the moment and as much as I like Steve, planning has already started for next season and I'm afraid he is going to be on his bike.

3 minutes ago, ramjit said:

What's not to be embarrassed about though.

We're mid table not fighting relegation with injuries to key players to boot.  Villa were way below us until recently having spent loads this season, it's only certain half wit pundits that class us as being an embarrassment.

Regarding any future appointment, it would perhaps be a better reflection of the club to show that they are an employer with some sense of stability and a bit of patience. With that in mind, maybe best to stick with Mac for another season, for better or worse in terms of league position. Then take stock and move on from that situation. 

Embarrassing is Rotherham

We're midtable. And still won more than we've lost. Something that was rare back in the Clough days where we still weren't an embarrasment. 

As for Rowett... well if you didn't like Mac linked with Newcastle then you need to remember Rowett left Burton for cash strapped Birmingham City. 

He did alright at Birmingham. That's it. He took them from near the bottom to 10th. Jumping half the league. Sound familiar? 

He won 42 and lost 32 of his games. The football was not spectacular. Some Brum fans say that's the quality of players while some will say Rowett played dull football. 

Rowett could come and be a dream. Or many of you could be calling for his head after a bad run. Which is inevitable under most managers. I don't see why Rowett would be different.

People talk of "bottling it". He lost in two play off games himself. Also Burton suffered their biggest FL defeat under him.

His record at Burton

Won 63/Lost 45

15 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

We're mid table not fighting relegation with injuries to key players to boot.  Villa were way below us until recently having spent loads this season, it's only certain half wit pundits that class us as being an embarrassment.

If your happy with mid table then fair enough mate.each to there own..don't give two hoots what villa are/we're doing,it's Derby who I care for,as for key injurys who is the key players you talk about,only Thorne I can think about.

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

We're midtable. And still won more than we've lost. Something that was rare back in the Clough days where we still weren't an embarrasment. 

As for Rowett... well if you didn't like Mac linked with Newcastle then you need to remember Rowett left Burton for cash strapped Birmingham City. 

He did alright at Birmingham. That's it. He took them from near the bottom to 10th. Jumping half the league. Sound familiar? 

He won 42 and lost 32 of his games. The football was not spectacular. Some Brum fans say that's the quality of players while some will say Rowett played dull football. 

Rowett could come and be a dream. Or many of you could be calling for his head after a bad run. Which is inevitable under most managers. I don't see why Rowett would be different.

People talk of "bottling it". He lost in two play off games himself. Also Burton suffered their biggest FL defeat under him.

His record at Burton

Won 63/Lost 45

I can think of more embarrassing than Rotherham Alpha mate.... Them down Brian Clough way spring to mind... 

5 minutes ago, ramjit said:

If your happy with mid table then fair enough mate.each to there own..don't give two hoots what villa are/we're doing,it's Derby who I care for,as for key injurys who is the key players you talk about,only Thorne I can think about.

I think most of us are relieved with mid table after the Pearson era rather than happy with it. 

9 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

I can think of more embarrassing than Rotherham Alpha mate.... Them down Brian Clough way spring to mind... 

I felt like including them, brother. But then remembered they had at least 3 shots against Brighton. :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, Alpha said:

His record at Burton

Won 63/Lost 45

It's embarrassing to people who became fans shortly before the 13/14 play off final.

Having gone a whole season with just one win, people must have short memories if they class this as embarrassing.

Archived