Nottingham Forest v Derby County

Mafiabob

After being sick as a parrot immediately after the game, I'm just a bit meh now. Rowett's interview has certainly helped, he's growing on me. I must admit to having him in my black book after a bit of handbags with Russell at PP a couple of years ago.

Like Rowett, I'm cheesed off at the international break, they interrupt momentum and, from what I've seen, have not really benefitted the international teams noticeably. He could have done with working with the defenders this week but there you go, it is what it is.

I think I'll go and buy a couple of polo shirts from the club shop to cheer myself up a bit more and watch a good film tonight with a tub of ice cream. :)

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually a very good interview with Rowett after it, found myself nodding and agreeing with it. He's starting to impress me more and more. Let's give him a good chance Derby. I'm hoping and believing he'll be able to sort us out for next season after the summer of transfers.

4 hours ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I'm in a bad mood now. Keyboard took the brunt of it. Went flying across the lounge and burst into pieces. Fuming. Sick of conceding in 90+ minutes. 

Hopefully Rowett's defensive background will give us the ability to see a game out. And defend well through games. 

What's going on with the username ting?

29 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

After being sick as a parrot immediately after the game, I'm just a bit meh now. Rowett's interview has certainly helped, he's growing on me. I must admit to having him in my black book after a bit of handbags with Russell at PP a couple of years ago.

Like Rowett, I'm cheesed off at the international break, they interrupt momentum and, from what I've seen, have not really benefitted the international teams noticeably. He could have done with working with the defenders this week but there you go, it is what it is.

I think I'll go and buy a couple of polo shirts from the club shop to cheer myself up a bit more and watch a good film tonight with a tub of ice cream. :)

Forget the ice cream mate, have a few beers, Mr Rowett is the right man for the job, no doubt about that , so please Mel give him time, it's a two year project at least, I for one will be behind him all the way, we need stability now more than anything.

35 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Actually a very good interview with Rowett after it, found myself nodding and agreeing with it. He's starting to impress me more and more. Let's give him a good chance Derby. I'm hoping and believing he'll be able to sort us out for next season after the summer of transfers.

He has always speaks sense he did after the Burton games.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Perfect post-match interview. Again I like the cut of this man's jib.

• Subtly highlights Brereton's play-acting at the end that led to the equalizer.
  • Mentions keeping the ball in the corner in future but doesn't call JR out by name.
  • Says we want to play 15 yards higher up the pitch and press the opposition.
  • Brilliant dig at the gumps' celebrations, saying that if we ever do drop points, we want the opposition to celebrate like that.

Long, long way to go, and a shame this season is already over, but I do feel, finally, we're in good hands.

This highly regarded forest academy. ..

It's not RADA is it? :lol:

I'm rather alarmed that Rowett wishes to start the clock again on the woeful record of conceding 7 times after 90mins this season.  Perhaps he will begin to work on the blatant issues that cause us to concede so late on when he has personally witnessed this happening for another 7 times? Just what a Derby fan wants to hear Gazza.

The answer lies in an examination of the exact opposite taking place in what became known as Fergie Time. Man Utd would step up their game in the final few minutes, raising their standard and work rate to score in the dying seconds. It certainly worked for Alex.  I listened to the game today with my Father. We were both equally sure that Derby would concede again in the final minutes. If we knew it, Derby knew it and so did Forest. We chatted for a while, pooling 80yrs of watching the Rams and came up with the single common denominator with Derby teams past and present that suffered from the disease of late goals.

Lack of quality.

We knew it, they knew it and Forest knew it. 

I'd only question two things: 

the insertion of Butterfield into any game where we are leading narrowly. He gets dispossessed too easily and is pretty much a zero defensively. 

the omission of Hughes - which makes me wonder if he's on the way out :unsure: please no 

otherwise there was a certain feel to this team - like they are winners - Rowett has brought something special to the mentality. Nugent interview was very indicting of Mcclaren - talking about sideways possession Football Versus the desire to be incisive under GR. Plus he clearly wants us pressing and GR seems to be saying that we can press all the time now he's seen us. That's music to this fans ears. Vydra Bryson Nugent Johnson all wreak havoc on the other team when we don't have the ball ... 

3 minutes ago, unclej said:

I'm rather alarmed that Rowett wishes to start the clock again on the woeful record of conceding 7 times after 90mins this season.  Perhaps he will begin to work on the blatant issues that cause us to concede so late on when he has personally witnessed this happening for another 7 times? Just what a Derby fan wants to hear Gazza.

The answer lies in an examination of the exact opposite taking place in what became known as Fergie Time. Man Utd would step up their game in the final few minutes, raising their standard and work rate to score in the dying seconds. It certainly worked for Alex.  I listened to the game today with my Father. We were both equally sure that Derby would concede again in the final minutes. If we knew it, Derby knew it and so did Forest. We chatted for a while, pooling 80yrs of watching the Rams and came up with the single common denominator with Derby teams past and present that suffered from the disease of late goals.

Lack of quality.

We knew it, they knew it and Forest knew it. 

Rowett is wiping the slate clean as it's his team now and playing a different way will hopefully eradicate not only the late goals but early goals at that shithole.

Its his first game in charge and already the negativity has started, I'm as pissed off as anybody about the result but we didn't lose, have taken 4 points of the Red Dogs and GR now has 2 weeks on the training pitch with the squad.

Frustrating result but exciting times ahead.

Having only just seen their goal, it's really poor.

It's not like he beats his smaller opponent to the ball, he's unmarked in the middle before the corner is even taken and has to do nothing special to get his head to the ball.

Surely in the last minute, you should just pick a man and stick to him, he may beat you regardless but that was too easy.

Ok well I shall try to remain objective and not have my usual meltdown every time this team ***** up!

Let's get the bad **** out the way first.... what the hell was their first goal all about?

The equaliser...god strewth how many times we thrown it away last minute this season, and yet again a free header from a corner!

It beggars belief.

On the plus side, we should've been level at the break with Johnson's wrongly disallowed goal but then to come out second half and storm into a 2-1 lead was great to see.. whatever Rowett said half time obviously did the trick, which is only encouraging.

Their keeper kept them in it after that with a couple of top saves but really we should've been out of sight by the time we hit the self-destruct button again.

Today underlined once again our failure to defend a lead at one end, and our failure to put team's away at the other.

Any decent ball into our box and it's chaos.

Good luck Gary, your gonna need it.

Archived